Did you mean: 

initget and getpoint

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1473 Views, 3 Replies

initget and getpoint

I need help with initget and getpoint If have been using - (initget 128 "U") (setq Point (getpoint (last List_Points) "\nPick NEXT point on line or [U]=Undo ? ")) This works fine if user - picks a point types a 'U' or uses .xyz point filters However, I can't type a distance and use cursor direction to return a point. It returns the distance as text. How can I set initget to allow input of distance?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
I need help with initget and getpoint If have been using - (initget 128 "U") (setq Point (getpoint (last List_Points) "\nPick NEXT point on line or [U]=Undo ? ")) This works fine if user - picks a point types a 'U' or uses .xyz point filters However, I can't type a distance and use cursor direction to return a point. It returns the distance as text. How can I set initget to allow input of distance?

Try taking the 128 out of the (initget) function.  The "U" option will still be allowed [since it's specified, it's not considered "arbitrary" input that the 128 allows], but other typed input then won't be accepted as "arbitrary" input, so it will be read as a distance in the direction of the cursor from the reference point -- at least it seems to do that in limited testing in isolation, so I hope it will in the larger context of what you're doing.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Wow...that was easy. I miss read the help and thought the bits were also required. Thanks!
Message 4 of 4
carloschantre123
in reply to: Anonymous

Excellent

It can be written

(Initget "U Undo")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost