Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eTransmit Multiple Documents using Scripts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AlexHucal
4099 Views, 2 Replies

eTransmit Multiple Documents using Scripts

Hi! Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I'm currently working on a project that requires that I eTransmit a large quantity of files, which is becoming very time consuming. I need help writing a script that will allow me to etransmit all of the files at once.

My requirements:

- All .dwgs must be saved as individual .zip files with all references included.

- .zip file must have same name as associated .dwg (basically just swap extensions).

My progress:

- Seems very simple, basically my script is:

Qsave

-eTransmit

-CH

-SetupName

-C

ROADBLOCK!!!!!!! D:<

My problem is that I want to have AutoCAD return the filename sans extension and filepath when I'm prompted to input the filename for the .zip file. How can I do this? I've been looking up options using VBA, but with limited success given I'm a novice. Could somebody please lay out the steps required to complete this task?

THANKS!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hmsilva
in reply to: AlexHucal

AlexHucal,

to be able to use the command eTransmit in several dwg's with a script, what I would do is:

1. create a lisp file with

(command "_.qsave"
	 "_.-etransmit"
	 "_ch"
	 "SetupName";change SetupName to yor SetupName
	 "_c"
	 (strcat (getvar 'dwgprefix) (vl-filename-base (getvar 'dwgname))".zip")
)

2. save the file with the name aTrm.lsp in a a Support File Search Path directory.

3. if the lisp file is in a suport directory, create a script file with

(load "etrm") <=============empty line  

if the lisp file is not in a suport Support File Search Path directory, create a script file with

(load "C:\\your path\\etrm") <=============empty line

4. I do not know if you use the Autodesk ScriptPro (if not you can download it for free, in Autodesk site), or other software, load the script file and run it in all dwg's you need.

Hope that helps you.

Henrique

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
JanaiPhibbs5EW35
in reply to: hmsilva

Hi! Thank you for this, it works great for an individual file. However, the .zip command is throwing off the sequence when I try to use it in ScriptPro with multiple files. I get the first one Etranmitted ok, then the zip error stops the sequence. I ran the same sequence by hand and zip doesn't seem to be a needed input (it is also part of my Etransmit setup). I tried just removing it, and that doesn't work.  Any suggestions?

@hmsilva wrote:

AlexHucal,

to be able to use the command eTransmit in several dwg's with a script, what I would do is:

1. create a lisp file with

(command "_.qsave"
	 "_.-etransmit"
	 "_ch"
	 "SetupName";change SetupName to yor SetupName
	 "_c"
	 (strcat (getvar 'dwgprefix) (vl-filename-base (getvar 'dwgname))".zip")
)

2. save the file with the name aTrm.lsp in a a Support File Search Path directory.

3. if the lisp file is in a suport directory, create a script file with

(load "etrm") <=============empty line  

if the lisp file is not in a suport Support File Search Path directory, create a script file with

(load "C:\\your path\\etrm") <=============empty line

4. I do not know if you use the Autodesk ScriptPro (if not you can download it for free, in Autodesk site), or other software, load the script file and run it in all dwg's you need.

Hope that helps you.

Henrique

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost