creating hatch pattern

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nik.mazreen
1975 Views, 7 Replies

creating hatch pattern

Hi,

i'm newbie in customizing tools in autocad especially in creating hatch pattern. i understand that to create new hatch pattern is by adding a new hatch pattern in acad.pat file with specific angle.

my question is is it posibble to create a hatch pattern that can use specific angle follows the object shape? i'm not sure how to ask this. hope u guyz can understand with the figure attached.

This is what autocad can do by default

This is what autocad can do by default

this is what i'm trying to create

this is what i'm trying to create

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
3wood
in reply to: nik.mazreen

This is impossible with hatch.

Message 3 of 8
nik.mazreen
in reply to: 3wood

thx for the reply..

is there any other way to do this?

thx

-nik-

Message 4 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@nik.mazreen wrote:

is there any other way to do this?

If you mean to automate it, I imagine there might be, but there are a lot of questions.  Is that outline a single Polyline, or is it made up of separate pieces?  It looks like parts of it may involve Splines or spline-curved Polylines, but that can't be true of all of it, with that straight left side.  If it's one Polyline, is the upper left corner of it the starting vertex, and is it drawn in the direction along the perpendicular ends of the Lines you want to draw?  That is, would you always want to space these from the start, or might you sometimes need them coming off an intermediate vertex?  Would the User specify the spacing along the edge between Line ends, or would that be defined in the routine somehow?  One of the really tricky parts in my mind would be how a routine would figure out how far to go [how many such Lines to draw].

One thing that might give you a start on doing it semi-manually is this:

http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/2d-operations/divide-and-measure-plus

with its MEA+ command and the Lines option under that.  It would put Lines centered on the path, so you would need to Trim one side off and Extend the other, and if the boundary is one object it will give you more than you will use, but at least it will space them evenly and they'll be perpendicular to the path.  Depending on the situation, the DIV+ command there might be the one you want, instead, partly because you can specify an inset from the ends, and tweak the positioning that way if it's not the starting vertex that you're working from.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 8
nik.mazreen

It works..thank you soo much..

-Nik-

Message 6 of 8
3wood
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Alternatively, make a block contains a vertical linem, with the insertion point at its middle point, then MEASURE the spline/polyline with the block.

Message 7 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: 3wood

@3wood wrote:

Alternatively, make a block contains a vertical linem, with the insertion point at its middle point, then MEASURE the spline/polyline with the block.

Certainly, but then to get the end result they're looking for, you would need to Explode all those Blocks.  The MEA+ and DIV+ routines from DivideMeasurePlus.lsp will make them directly as Lines.  They can also do it, in their Selection option, by User selection of a vertical Line and the Aligned-with-the-path-direction angle option, effectively duplicating the process of defining that Line as a Block, using it in Measure [or Divide], and then Exploding the resulting insertions of it, without the need for the Block definition.  Or they can do the same by User selection of a horizontal Line, using the Relative-to-the-path-direction option with 90 degrees relative angle.  [And they also have loads of other enhancements/improvements over the ordinary Measure and Divide commands.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 8
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

The MEA+ and DIV+ routines from DivideMeasurePlus.lsp ... can also do it, in their Selection option, by User selection of a vertical Line and the Aligned-with-the-path-direction angle option....  Or they can do the same by User selection of a horizontal Line, using the Relative-to-the-path-direction option with 90 degrees relative angle. ....

And come to think of it, both commands, used with the Select option and a Line, can save a step compared to the Lines marker option, because you can designate an endpoint of a selected Line as the base by which to place them along the path, rather than the midpoint [the Lines option will center them on the path].  So if you do it right, you can avoid having to Trim one end off of each Line, and be left only to Extend them [and/or perhaps Trim the other end off some of them, if they're longer than needed for their place in the hatched area].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost