Did you mean: 

convert rectangular dimensions to text

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
E.S.7.9
545 Views, 6 Replies

convert rectangular dimensions to text

hi everybody ,

i need a lisp for convert rectangular dimension to text ..

when i click  to recangle and after to text , the routine will paste rectangle dimensions to text as A x B ( A= X dirextion , B=Y direction)

and plus i need similar one lisp too . that one will copy values from dimensions text which i click X dimension and after Y dimension , the routine  will paste to text A x B  just like first example ..

thank you for your help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: E.S.7.9

@E.S.7.9 wrote:

i need a lisp for convert rectangular dimension to text ..

when i click  to recangle and after to text , the routine will paste rectangle dimensions to text as A x B ( A= X dirextion , B=Y direction)

and plus i need similar one lisp too . that one will copy values from dimensions text which i click X dimension and after Y dimension , the routine  will paste to text A x B  just like first example ..

There's a start on something to do the first one here.  It's slightly different in that it asks you to pick opposite corners, and it draws the Text rather than having the User select a Text entity.  But it could be adjusted to get the corners from a rectangular Polyline and to impose the content on existing Text.

Would the rectangles always be orthogonally oriented?  Would they always be "pure" rectangles, that is, with no bumped-out corners or anything?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 7
E.S.7.9
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

my rectangles are mostly orthogonally and will be "pure" rectangles in my drawing

but if it is possible to do with use corners and polyline for to get values of objects , that is ok with me  but if i can draw rectangle with 2 diagonal corner points ..

can you help ?

Message 4 of 7
E.S.7.9

of course it would be nice if possible to do click two dimension text which is already exist and after paste this values as A x B  to my text ( maybe attribute text string )

Message 5 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@E.S.7.9 wrote:

... if it is possible to do with use corners and polyline for to get values of objects , that is ok with me ....

Read that other thread and see how much of what's there you can use.  There are several routines, and comments about the benefits and drawbacks of most of them.  Change the height to what you would use, and try some of them.  One of them may already be very close, and editing that would be the easiest approach, but it would be good to have an opinion about which is closest to your needs.  One possible benefit of those, as compared to one that has the User select a Polyline rectangle, is that they don't require the area to be defined by a single object -- all you need are opposite corners, which could be intersections of Lines, or parts of different Polylines, or whatever [you can even pick points in empty space].

I located that other thread by Searching for something like "room labels" and there were other things in the Search results that might be worth looking at.  You should also Search for other combinations, such as "label areas" or "room sizes" -- I know there are some other threads, and many may only make Text showing the area in square units, but some may also do the A x B Text.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 7
3wood

Maybe AREA.vlx partially does what you need?

Message 7 of 7
E.S.7.9
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

i am goingto search , thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost