Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(command "CLOSE") doesn't allow user key input until cursor is moved

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
289 Views, 2 Replies

(command "CLOSE") doesn't allow user key input until cursor is moved

I have recently noticed a strange behavior. I have a command to close drawing (automatically closes if no changes made since last save or asks 'Really want to discard all changes to drawing? ') (defun C:CX () (command "_CLOSE") (princ) ) Before, I could type CX and then Y to close the current drawing Now when I type CX, I can't input the Y until after I move the cursor.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have any bright ideas about why it doesn't work if it used to, though I wonder whether the (princ) does anything for you [exiting a Close command "quietly" doesn't seem necessary, since you're getting out of the drawing].  But since it looks like it's just a shortcut way of getting the regular Close command anyway, you could add a line such as:

CX,        *CLOSE

to your ACAD.PGP file, and make it a command alias, just like L for Line, etc.  Then it ought to behave just as if you typed in the entire word CLOSE [assuming doing it that way still lets you type the Y normally].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent, I found the problem. I had turned off the Dynamic Input - Enable Pointer Input. Now it's back to working like before. Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost