Did you mean: 

Visual LISP addons

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
christopher.l.evans
633 Views, 4 Replies

Visual LISP addons

Is there any addons for this?  What I was looking for is something similar when you're writing in VBA and you get a drop down menu based on the character you typed.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Not from Autodesk, exactly.   VLIDE has a color interface that turns functions blue if they are built-in.  You can also use the appropos window and an autocomplete with CTRL+SHIFT+SPACE.  That doesn't guarantee that the function you choose applies to the object argument.

Though it is supported, users are encouraged to switch from LISP to .NET in order to access AutoCAD at a deeper level. I believe the Visual Studio environment has the built-in object methods and properties you are hoping for.

If you have access to an older version of AutoCAD (2009), the acadauto.chm file had the help features you need to understand which properties and methods apply to which object.  

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
BlackBox_
in reply to: dbroad

Building on dbroad's comments, if I may....

I've added a link to my signature for an ActiveX Online reference I use often, since Autodesk's implementation of their Online [not-so-much-]Help system.

Unfortunately, Visual LISP IDE (VLIDE) is not exposed for us to code our own addons (I wish it were), and I too find the intellisense functionality of Visual Studio to be greatly missing from VLIDE.

HTH

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 4 of 5

That link looks like it will be very helpful in learning for me, thanks BlackBox_.

Message 5 of 5

@christopher.l.evans wrote:

That link looks like it will be very helpful in learning for me, thanks BlackBox_.

You're welcome; I'm happy to help.

Cheers :beer:

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost