Did you mean: 

User Select in Button Marco Not working in 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gookeeper
449 Views, 6 Replies

User Select in Button Marco Not working in 2014

Hi

I have various Button macros with the user input select in them, but in 2014 they dont seem to be working anymore.

any idea why its not working? they worked in 2013.

It just says invalid selection.

example

^C^CSelect;\change;p;lt;phantom;;

thanks for any help.

Guy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BlackBox_
in reply to: gookeeper

@gookeeper wrote:

Hi

I have various Button macros with the user input select in them, but in 2014 they dont seem to be working anymore.

any idea why its not working? they worked in 2013.

example

thanks for any help.

Guy

No need for the SELECT Command, when you could simply PAUSE for user selection within the CHANGE Command itself, methinks:

^C^Cchange;\lt;phantom;;

HTH

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 7
gookeeper
in reply to: BlackBox_

Thanks Black Box

It works now, though i had to add the p; for the properties(as below)

^C^Cchange;\;p;lt;phantom;;

Thanks

Guy

Message 4 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@gookeeper wrote:

I have various Button macros with the user input select in them, but in 2014 they dont seem to be working anymore. ... they worked in 2013.

example

thanks for any help.

Guy

I'm wondering whether that example, as written, really worked in earlier versions.  [I am in a much earlier one, in which it doesn't, though I recently have access to 2014, but not where I am now.]  The 'lt' is fed in at a point where it's still asking for object selection.  I assume the Select command is there to allow selection of multiple objects, rather than just one.  Given that, I would have expected something constructed more like a lot of menu items I have, like this:

^C^CSelect;\change;p;;p;lt;phantom;;

with the first p calling for the Previous selection set [obtained with the Select command], a second semicolon [or space] to complete the selection, and a second p [and semicolon or space to register it] for the Properties option.  I wouldn't think something like that would be different in 2014, but I'll try it out when I get to that version.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@gookeeper wrote:

You can avoid that by using the CHPROP command, which is like CHANGE with the Properties option already invoked:

^C^Cchprop;\;lt;phantom;;

But again, unless it's something that's changed in 2014, that does it to the selection of only a single object, whereas using the Select command lets you select multiple objects, allowing all the selection-process options, under the umbrella of one backslash.  If you're always doing it to single objects, the former would be preferable, since it doesn't require you to hit Enter to complete the selection.  But the macro in the original message [or something like it]was surely set up to allow multiple objects.

EDIT:

Doing the same to my suggestion in Message 4, it would become:

^C^CSelect;\chprop;p;;lt;phantom;;

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 7
BlackBox_

@gookeeper wrote:

Thanks Black Box

Thanks

Guy

Yeah, I thought of that after the fact, but could not edit my post... I rarely use either macros, nor the CHANGE Command itself. Sorry for any confusion.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 7 of 7
gookeeper

that orginal example sure does work for me in 2013. i see what your saying there should be another P for previous selection, but it seems to know this some how.

but the macro you have shown with CHPROP, works as my previous script in 2014 just fine. so ill use that from now on.

this is the command line procedure it goes through in 2013 on the my orginal example.

Command: Select
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 2 found
Select objects:
Command: change
2 found
Specify change point or [Properties]: p
Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/Annotative]: lt
Enter new linetype name <ByLayer>: phantom
Enter property to change [Color/Elev/LAyer/LType/ltScale/LWeight/Thickness/TRansparency/Material/Annotative]:

thanks for the help

Guy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost