Did you mean: 

Use lisp to creat hundreds drawings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Bin2009
733 Views, 5 Replies

Use lisp to creat hundreds drawings

Hello,

We need create about 400 drawings, I have a excel file which have drawing number and all the information for title block.

I hope can have a lisp which can automatic creat drawings, the drawing names will from a excel file.

and each drawing title block also filled with data from the excel.

I`s possible to do that?

Thank very much for help.

Bin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: Bin2009

Yes, it is possible...
But it is a fairly major build (especially not knowing what else will need to be a part of it so you don't have a few hundred drawings with titleblocks but empty of any thing else)...
Hire someone if you will need to do this kind of thing often.
Or actually take the time to learn how to write the function (and no, you will not be able to learn how to write a function of this level in 5 minutes and with a couple of questions on here)...
Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 3 of 6
3wood

If the final purpose is to create same drawings except the title block, you may check the old post below:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007-2008-2009/Automate-Autocad-and-excel/m-p/2559945

Message 4 of 6
Bin2009
in reply to: 3wood

Hello 3Wood,

Thank very much for your idea, but this lisp looks will use for PLOT hundreds drawings, which including some variable information on each drawing. However  what I need is CREAT hundreds of drawing with deferent names, but all the drawings have same type of title block, basically I can copy and paste hundreds times  to make hundreds drawings, but I hope can find a fast way to do this job.

Thanks again.

Bin

Message 5 of 6
stevor

One way is to use 3woods process, of somehow reading data from the excel file, for each drawing, then filling in the title block text, by inserting the block or changing the attributes, and saving each DWG with the appropriate name. Examples of similar procedures are available, if no one has one to fit your bill.
S
Message 6 of 6
3wood

Hi Bin,

It won't be hard to add a small function so that EXCELPLOT can make hundreds copies of the same file with the name from your excel file.

Just following steps below:

1. Download the latest EXCELPLOT.zip and extract it to a folder.

2. Save your excel file contains the drawing list to a txt file

3. Revise the code below if the drawing name column is not the first column in your excel file. For example, if the drawing name is in column B, then change 0_0 to 0_1 in the code below. You can also change the directory in the code as your preferable folder.

Save the code as your own ExcelPlot_Cmd.lsp

(command "saveas" "" (strcat "c:\\users\\" (getvar "loginname") "\\My Documents\\" 0_0 ".dwg") )

4. Now follow the instruction in the link below to create hundreds of drawings.

https://sites.google.com/site/cadkits/home/excelplot

Select the lsp file in Step 3 when it pops out a dialogue asking "Please select the plot setting file:"

I have tested on my computer and it works well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost