For those who are familiar with the Ultra-Pipe Program, when I open a drawing from Ultra-Pipethe title layer is updated by the kbupdate.lsp file and the drawing decription (title Layer) is updated with the Circuit ID and TML range. Referencing the attached pdf, you can see that this would be misleading in some cases. I need the description in the title block to be updated with the drawing name instead.
We have changed the default layer colors before in the kbupdate.lsp so I know it's not impossible. I am 99% sure that the changes needed for the problem above would be in the same file.
It's a shot in the dark, but anybody got solutions?
UltraPipe's interface with AutoCAD just sucks dude. I've written my own program in .NET that reads the tables and does what I want it to do with to the drawings. If you can take the time to learn some C#, Get Acquainted with the .Net API, and learn a little bit about working with databases through code you can do a much better job than the stock CAD interface that comes with Upipe.
I've spent a lot of time fighting with that kbupdate.lsp file when I first started learning AutoLisp. Back in '06. .Net is the way to go man.
If memory serves me correct though, there's a function in the kbupdate.lsp called uinfo that handles what your talking about. I would start poking around there.
Its reading the data from a .dat file that you can pull up by typing (startapp "notepad" filename) once the drawing opens.
You can make this a standard command in your personal lisp file so you dont have to type the full thing every time.