Did you mean: 

Transferring old .mnu from R14 to new .cuix... some troubles

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
delboyko
200 Views, 0 Replies

Transferring old .mnu from R14 to new .cuix... some troubles

Hi to all from Croatia, nice community you have here. :beer:

A fellow of mine asked me to help him make his CUI created in R14 (back in the 1999.) work with AutoCAD 2013. His brother is the one who made all the macros, LISPs, blocks and commands. But his brother passed away unfotunately few years ago so it's just me. 😐

After adding search paths, putting necesseary files in support folder and setting designated template drawing I loaded old .mnu file from ACAD 2013 via MENU command. Everything went smooth; menus, toolbars with custom icons, layers... everything was there. Inserting blocks trough his old macros worked like a charm. Everything but most of the macros that contained LISP file paths in its code.

Not only that they dont work, but they actually made AutoCAD close itself. I woudn't call it a crash beacuse no crash report is made, and everything animates like I pressed the X button. "Works like a charm" with almost every macro that calls for LISP file, except few that made me wonder. His brother did a wonderful job on this interface, and of course he protected all of the LISP files. So I presume that it does not close itself because of the encryption when some of them do work.
What I noticed is that when I try to manually load via „APPLOAD“ any of the problematic LISPs, the „APPLOAD“ menu won't even start. It says: Initializing...LOAD failed: "appload"
So I tried to automatically loading them trough acaddoc.lsp; what I got is AutoCAD closing as soon as I start it.

I'm a litlle bit stuck now and very new in all of this (made a few lisps and menus). He didn't leave any password, and I dont really know how protected LISP works. 🙂
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost