Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

tmilligan
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)

Simple Macro Question

95 Views, 3 Replies
11-01-2011 10:27 AM

Hi all....I have a problem with creating a simple macro in a ribbon panel. I just recently upgraded from AutoCAD 2008 to 2012 and am in the process of migrating some of my tools from 2008 to 2012. I'm having a problem with what I consider a simple command macro.

In 2008 I used this macro "*^C^C_attedit" to bring up the attribute edit dialog box and repeat the command until I hit escape. When I use the exact same macro in 2012 the macro defaults to the command line command "-attedit". If I remove the "*" the macro works, it just doesn't repeat. I've tried the macro in various forms:

*^C^C_attedit

*^C^Cattedit

*^C^C-attedit

all with the same result, I get the command line version. So far this is the first macro I've had problems. The other tools and lisp routines I've migrated over to 2012 worked just fine, but this one is stubborn.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TonyM

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 4 (81 Views)

Re: Simple Macro Question

11-01-2011 12:52 PM in reply to: tmilligan

Hi Tony,

If you put ^C^C_multiple;attedit; as your macro it will use the dialog and will repeat.

Tim

Note: I use semi-colons instead of spaces because I can see them, but you can use spaces if you prefer.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
tmilligan
Message 3 of 4 (80 Views)

11-01-2011 01:17 PM in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

Thanks for the response and the suggestion. That seemed to work.

However, being the inquisitive kind, I would still ask if anyone knows why the old macro doesn't work?

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

11-01-2011 01:24 PM in reply to: tmilligan

I don't know why.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community