Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a Sheet Set For Multiple Projects

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sovby
428 Views, 7 Replies

Setting up a Sheet Set For Multiple Projects

I have been working with sheet sets for the last few days & i love what i have learned about them so far. My question is how should i use this for multiple projects. I don't want to have to set this up for every project that i do. is there a way i can copy the sheet set to my project directory & point all of the neccessary links to the right place without going through a huge time consuming process. How does everyone deal with this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dbroad
in reply to: sovby

Create a sheet set template?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain

@sovby wrote:

I have been working with sheet sets for the last few days & i love what i have learned about them so far. My question is how should i use this for multiple projects. I don't want to have to set this up for every project that i do. is there a way i can copy the sheet set to my project directory & point all of the neccessary links to the right place without going through a huge time consuming process. How does everyone deal with this?

You said it in your question.

Just copy the .DST file along with any standard sheets to your new directory.

The drawings will be linked to the files in the current directory (or relative to the current directory)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
stanovb
in reply to: dbroad

I apologize but this is the first time that i have used sheet sets & i was unsure how people usually put them into action. The tutorial that i was using said to name the data file with the project name. Would i just copy the data file to a new directory & change the name? I created this at home so the accociations of the sheets needs to be redefined to suit my company's network. also the sheet storage location, sheet creation template, sheet storage location, & the page setup override file location all need to be redefined. How do most people usually do this?

Message 5 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: stanovb

@stanovb wrote:

I apologize but this is the first time that i have used sheet sets & i was unsure how people usually put them into action. The tutorial that i was using said to name the data file with the project name. Would i just copy the data file to a new directory & change the name? I created this at home so the accociations of the sheets needs to be redefined to suit my company's network. also the sheet storage location, sheet creation template, sheet storage location, & the page setup override file location all need to be redefined. How do most people usually do this?

No apologies needed, we all learned at some point Smiley Wink

Yes, copy the DST file, rename it as desired, then when you open it in AutoCAD, changes the properties as needed (such as the internal name).

As long as the drawings are in the same relative location, they will be associated to the DST file.

For example: DST file and all related drawings reside in \\server\share\project\1111 

Now copy DST file and standard drawings (details, notes, etc) to \\server\share\project\2222

When you open the DST file in 2222 it will already be linked to the standard drawings you copied with it.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 8
stanovb
in reply to: rkmcswain

i'm having to redo the sheet properties. i created this thing at home so im having to re-route all of the layout locations under the sheet properties.

Message 7 of 8
stanovb
in reply to: stanovb

everything worked except for one layout. It says its part of another sheet set & wont let me import it. Why would this one layout be different? It came from the same sheet set that the other layouts came from. Am i going to have to do this whole thing over again?

Message 8 of 8
sovby

I had to redo the whole thing. I had one sheet that said it was accociated with another sheet set. I'm not sure how to get rid of the association so I started again from scratch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost