Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select All Entities Not Drawn at 0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
caldicad
266 Views, 2 Replies

Select All Entities Not Drawn at 0

I'd be really gratefull for some help - I'm after a lisp or some code that will select all entities not drawn at 0 in the Z direction.

I presume it would use SSget but my lisp is a bit sketchy to say the least.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: caldicad

@caldicad wrote:

....I'm after a lisp or some code that will select all entities not drawn at 0 in the Z direction.

I presume it would use SSget but my lisp is a bit sketchy to say the least.

If you want to find them simply in order to force them to be at 0 in the Z direction, try using FLATTEN.

If not, it's complicated.  A Line can be drawn at a Z coordinate of 0 at one end but not at the other -- would you want such a Line selected?  Certain things have their elevation as part of some piece of information [e.g. Blocks, as the Z coordinate of their insertion points], and others have it as a separate piece [e.g. LWPolyline elevations], and for some you would need to look at two pieces [e.g. Lines, at the Z coordinates of both endpoints] or more [e.g. various 3D things].

So I'm not sure (ssget) with filtering can do it, except for certain entity types if you can narrow it down.  But stepping through a selection set, and checking for the appropriate information based on entity type, could be used to remove any that qualify as 0-level [by whatever your criteria are] from the set.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
caldicad
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks for the reply Kent and apologies for the belated response.

You're right I do need it for flattening elements - I normally use Superflatten which is a great tool by one of the guys at The Swamp. However I've experienced a slight problem with it in that it explodes dymanic blocks with multiple visiblity states which is a problem.

I thought if I could filter out dymanic blocks not drawn a 0 programmtically it would speed up the process. It could be worth sticking to Qselect then.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost