Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptpro for 2014

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
robert06
2310 Views, 10 Replies

Scriptpro for 2014

Can't find link to install Scriptpro for Acad / Civil 3D 2014, is it discontinued? Or is there a new way to batch run scripts (to purge multiple drawings etc)?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ASCunningham
in reply to: robert06

I think it has been discontinued. I now use AutoScript 3.0. Here's a link to the website.

http://www.cadig.com/

Message 3 of 11
khoa.ho

Give it a try with a new AutoCAD plug-in .NETScript at www.NetOnApp.com. You can find lots of good examples to automate drawings using scripts (AutoLISP, C#, JavaScript...).

-Khoa

Web programming for AutoCAD

Message 4 of 11
robert06
in reply to: khoa.ho

Thank you, I'll try Autoscript and Netscript.

Message 5 of 11
CADbloke

If you have Visual Studio the source code for ScripPro is available at https://github.com/ADN-DevTech/ScriptPro

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 6 of 11
lstarbird
in reply to: ASCunningham

iam4phils, do you happen to know if AutoScript will work with Civil 3D 2014? I've used it in the past in LDD 2009 - but I don't see the option to add it to the menu in 2014.
Message 7 of 11
ASCunningham
in reply to: lstarbird

I'm not sure about Civil 3D, but how I use the program is I added "autoscript2013x64.arx" in my startup suite for autocad R2014. Then at the command line I type "autoscript" and the program window appears. Pick your script file, add your drawings then run the program.

Message 8 of 11
pendean
in reply to: lstarbird

BatchInEditor and BatchInDatabase are two freeware in the Autodesk Exchange Apps website you can use to run scripts in any flavor of AutoCAD 2012 and higher. Installation is a breeze, as is usage.
http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Home/Index
Message 9 of 11
CADbloke
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the pointer - those apps look great. I haven't tried them yet but eill do so asap.

I can't tell from their website whether the apps are different at all or if they do the same things in different ways. My best guess that BID uses the Core Console while BIW uses acad.exe, otherwise they seem the same. Can you clarify this?

Cheers

EDIT: .. of course I find the answer as soon as I ask ... from page 2 of the PDF manual ...

"We have developed another batch process tool named “BatchInDatabase” which is identical in functions and 

interface to “BatchInEditor” but the process of editing is being done in the database, so the time taken to
accomplish the same task is much lesser than doing in Batch-In-Editor. Since drawings are processed in memory
rather than opening in editor, there is limitation in running some commands which are available in “BatchInEditor”
and the user defined lisp and script commands are not available in BatchInDatabase."

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 10 of 11
lstarbird

Hi iam4phils,

I got it working after downloading the latest version of AutoScript & adding the default install folder to the Trusted Locations.

Thanks!

Message 11 of 11
lstarbird
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Pendean! I've take a look at those too!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost