Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running a script or autolisp - Anyone can help...?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
siewwah.kuah
484 Views, 4 Replies

Running a script or autolisp - Anyone can help...?

I have approx 20 autocad files and I would like to change one text inside these files by running a simple script or lisp. 

Does anyone able to help.....?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: siewwah.kuah

@siewwah.kuah wrote:

I have approx 20 autocad files and I would like to change one text inside these files by running a simple script or lisp. 

Put something like "run script in multiple drawings" in the Search window, and you'll find many threads about this topic.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
siewwah.kuah

@siewwah.kuah wrote:

Thanks Kent.

Could you elaborate more details on how to "run script in multiple drawings" as well as how to write the script?

MY Problem:

I have a common text (eg. "system" ) in multiple drawings, but I would like to replace it to "cabinet" in all the drawings.  I am aware that a script or lisp are able to perform but i do not know how to do it.

Can anyone assist?

Message 4 of 5
Moshe-A

Hi

Here is a thread that will give you a clue how you should get to it

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2008/Lisp-Routine-to-rename-All-the-Layouts/m-p/3511636/highli...

ofcourse you should have to know to write a small lisp to catch the text and change it

Cheers

Moshe

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@siewwah.kuah wrote:

Thanks Kent.

Could you elaborate more details on how to "run script in multiple drawings" as well as how to write the script?

MY Problem:

I have a common text (eg. "system" ) in multiple drawings, but I would like to replace it to "cabinet" in all the drawings.  .... 

No, I can't -- I haven't done that kind of thing myself, but lots of other people here have.  I would need to Search the Discussion Group as suggested, and look at examples of how others have done it, but I'll let you do that for yourself.

You might be able to narrow the Search by putting something like "change text in multiple drawings" instead of "run script...".

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost