Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon opening on startup

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
BigDumbWeirdo
2137 Views, 23 Replies

Ribbon opening on startup

Hey all. I'm having an issue with the ribbon. Specifically, that it exists. More specifically, that it is open by default every time I start autocad.

I have it closed in my workspace, which is fine if I manually switch to my workspace after opening ACAD to the default workspace, but when I use a trigger to tell it to open in my workspace, the ribbon is always up. I've tried adding (command "RIBBONCLOSE") to the acad.lsp file, the acaddoc.lsp file, and to an S:: STARTUP function, all with no luck. I've tried starting in the default workspace and switching to my workspace in the S:: STARTUP function, again with no luck. I've even tried calling (command "RIBBONCLOSE") in the S:: STARTUP function after I switch to my workspace inside S:: STARTUP, again with no luck.

I'm getting a little frustrated. Does anyone have any insight into how I can disable this stupid ribbon once and for all?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
JamesMaeding
in reply to: dgorsman

you are not the expert elite I was thinking of on that repair coment 🙂

Good catch on the map specific items, I better read that myself.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 22 of 24
JamesMaeding

one is:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D-General/Map-3D-2013-Ribbon-Bug/m-p/4425409/highlight/tr...

not a happy ending to it. You can bet that even the people not using map take note of "little" bugs like this.

Makes us not trust Autodesk, and we then minimize our reliance on products from them.

Great marketing strategy for sure.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 23 of 24
BigDumbWeirdo

I've done a search of those boards, and I found two solutions:
1. Close the ribbon and save a new workspace.
2. Install SP1.

I've done both, with no luck.
Message 24 of 24
owenwengerd
in reply to: BigDumbWeirdo

I don't have Map, but it sounds like you're in an arms race with Map, and whoever is last, wins. If I'm right, then you just need to break out the big guns and execute your _RIBBONCLOSE later than Map executes the RIBBON command. I can think of several things to try. The usual way is to "post" a command to the command line so that it executes asynchronously, after all other queued commands are finished.

From plain lisp, this can be done via VBA with something like (command "_VBASTMT" "ThisDrawing.SendCommand \"_RIBBONCLOSE\n\""). If Map is doing the same thing, you may have to post a custom command which then posts the _RIBBONCLOSE command.

If you're loading OpenDCL, you can simply call (dcl-SendString "_RIBBONCLOSE\n"), or the nuclear option:

(defun #RibbonClose () (dcl-SendString "_RIBBONCLOSE\n"))

(dcl-DelayedInvoke 200 "#RibbonClose")

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost