Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon minimize state not remembering selction.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Shneuph
440 Views, 2 Replies

Ribbon minimize state not remembering selction.

Hellol.  I found a similar question about toggling ribbonclose and ribbon but that did not answer my question. I'm using AutoCAD 2014 and there is a setting to either toggle through all ribbon states or you can select one.  You can cycle through:

Minimize to Tabs

Minimize to Panel Tiles

Minimize to Panel Buttons or

Cycle Through All

I want it to always minimze to tabs but when I close CAD and re-open it doesn't remember that selection and always cycles through all minimized states again.

I don't see any system variable or registry value that seems to save this.  Anyone know how I can make it remember?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BlackBox_
in reply to: Shneuph

Firstly, if it (the Ribbon) is not being restored properly, then consider restoring your workspace.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible from LISP... Using OOTB functions.

One could, however code a custom .NET LispFunction Method which accepts a single integer (or string?) argument, and automagically modifies the Autodesk.Windows.RibbonControl.AutoHideMode Property, applying the applicable Autodesk.Internal.Windows.RibbonAutoHideMode enum (i.e., CollapsPanels, HidePanel, HidePanelBar, None).

... I haven't tested this, but in a quick search through Object Browser in Visual Studio, this is the best I can point you toward.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 3
BlackBox_
in reply to: Shneuph

Actually, I am mistaken... Instead of the AutoHideMode Property, one needs to modify the AutoHideRule Property of 

the Autodesk.Windows.RibbonControl Object, which accepts CycleThroughAll, HideToPanelButtons, HideToPanelTitles, or HideToTabs RibbonAutoHideRule enum.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost