Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename a CUIX

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GTVic
309 Views, 1 Reply

Rename a CUIX

I would like to update a CUIX and rename it, both the filename and the internal customization group name/description. The main issue is that the associated MNL file will fail to load after the renaming.

The internal name is currently the same as the filename with spaces replaced by underscores.

I have tried the CUIX transfer method, I have tried simply renaming the file and leaving the internal name alone, I have also tried renaming to .ZIP, and modifying the one file inside that contains the internal name/description, recompiling the ZIP and renaming back to CUIX.

As stated above, using any of the above methods the main issue is that the associated MNL file will fail to load. This is with Civil 3D 2014. Also the customization group name may appear in the CUILOAD dialog without underscores and depending on the method the ribbon tabs will not even appear.

I've also noted that the MNL file associated with the partial CUIX loads twice in Civil 3D 2014 and only once in AutoCAD 2013. I haven't done further testing on that.

Any ideas would be appreciated. This is mainly cosmetic as our current CUIX has 2011 in the name and I would like to update to 2014.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
GTVic
in reply to: GTVic

My current method for avoiding two loads on the MNL is as follows although the S::STARTUP method does avoid any duplicate definitions so the first line is not really needed.

(if MyStartup (exit))

(defun MyStartup ( )
  (vl-load-com)
)

(defun-q MyStartupQ ( ) (MyStartup))

(if (not (member '(MYSTARTUP) s::startup))
  (setq S::STARTUP (append S::STARTUP MyStartupQ)))

(princ)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost