Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactor events and interaction with "PUBLISH" job question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DavidTosh
337 Views, 3 Replies

Reactor events and interaction with "PUBLISH" job question

I would like to be able to add a page number to the drawings being published. I would like to add a text string before the each drawing is printed - I don't care to save it after the print is done. I think I can initilize and keep track of the page number value, but I am not sure if it is possible to detect the fact that a print event is part of the "PUBLISH" job as opposed to any other context. I'd prefer to do this in lisp because it is easier for me to distribute but would consider alternative customization languages if it is not possble in lisp.

Any advice?

---
Tosh
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: DavidTosh

VBA has a beginplot event that you could track.  AutoLISP does not have that event so, you would need ot use a vlr-command-reactor.  Use the :VLR-Commandwillstart event and look for plot or publish commands.  As far as adding text before the  plot but after the plot command has been issued, you would need to use (vla-add-text ... to the current layout block object.    I'm not sure what you want is even possible though.

It might be easier to create your own custom form of the plot command and then use that.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 4
DavidTosh
in reply to: dbroad

@dbroad3 wrote:

It might be easier to create your own custom form of the plot command and then use that.

Been there, done that. I wanted to be able to use the Publish facility (including ".dsd" files) even though it has annoyances.

---
Tosh
Message 4 of 4
dbroad
in reply to: DavidTosh

You may need to switch customization languages.  Sounds like a job for .NET customization.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost