Did you mean: 

Question about Handles in Autocad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dwcreston
293 Views, 1 Reply

Question about Handles in Autocad

Good Evening,

quick question at the end of the day. I have spent a half hour reading up on handles and understand each block or attributes have to to be automatically numbered by autocad.

My question:

is using the same block with the same handles(will not work if the block has different handles) in multiple drawings just fundamentally easier to modify through excel or notepad? Is this a great way to save fonts and text sizing within a block?

seems that it would be a better tool if the command could take the attributes and applythem to blocks of different shapes and sizes.

I just wanna see the broader picture.

Thanks for the support in earlier posts!

Dan

I want to be able to make a txt file, and change all the attributes within a titleblock instead of having to open attributes after I open the drawing.

I can open the txt file with notepad and all the information is there for me to change the values.

I am using a full autocad version with express tools and tinkering around with attin and attout.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hmsilva
in reply to: dwcreston

@dwcreston wrote:

I want to be able to make a txt file, and change all the attributes within a titleblock instead of having to open attributes after I open the drawing.

I can open the txt file with notepad and all the information is there for me to change the values.

Try

Command: ATTOUT

and

Command:ATTIN

Henrique

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost