Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up a dialog box if a font is substituted

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
99 Views, 2 Replies

Pop up a dialog box if a font is substituted

I just upgrade all our office computers. I have over 800 TTF fonts in my database file that I had back from NT4.0 days that I used to install on each computer. I really dont want to do that to all these new computers. I can install them as we find which ones we need. I was wondering if its possible to create a pop up block when opening a drawing and autocad substitues a font. Even if the pop-up is just generic, it will get the user to scroll up and find which font(s) are missing. Thanks. -- John Crocco AutoCad 2002 in XP PRO
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You're better off defining which objects are not correct and having a custom utility correct the drawing after or before it's opened. Call it "My Bull Dog", and have it monitor your drawing for correct fonts, layers, linetypes, settings, etc. -- Rudy@Cadentity.com AUTODESK Authorized Developer www.Cadentity.com MASi "John Crocco" wrote in message news:403526a1_1@newsprd01... > I just upgrade all our office computers. I have over 800 TTF fonts in my > database file that I had back from NT4.0 days that I used to install on each > computer. I really dont want to do that to all these new computers. I can > install them as we find which ones we need. > > I was wondering if its possible to create a pop up block when opening a > drawing and autocad substitues a font. Even if the pop-up is just generic, > it will get the user to scroll up and find which font(s) are missing. > > Thanks. > > -- > John Crocco > AutoCad 2002 in XP PRO > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you set FONTALT to none, Autocad wille ask the user to select an substituting font. See for more info in Autocad help, because this depends on the drawing version. JanC "John Crocco" schreef in bericht news:403526a1_1@newsprd01... > I just upgrade all our office computers. I have over 800 TTF fonts in my > database file that I had back from NT4.0 days that I used to install on each > computer. I really dont want to do that to all these new computers. I can > install them as we find which ones we need. > > I was wondering if its possible to create a pop up block when opening a > drawing and autocad substitues a font. Even if the pop-up is just generic, > it will get the user to scroll up and find which font(s) are missing. > > Thanks. > > -- > John Crocco > AutoCad 2002 in XP PRO > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost