Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting from layout context menu - .PLOT command

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MarkSanchezSPEC
472 Views, 3 Replies

Plotting from layout context menu - .PLOT command

We have for years undefined the PLOT command via AutoLisp. We then defun c: PLOT to call our own custom .NET dialog, which in turn saves some data and then calls the Plot dialog.

A new user started with us last week and I discovered that data saved from our custom dialog was non-existent.  I presumed he was "sharp" and was manually typing ".PLOT" (dot Plot) to bypass our custom dialog.  I was wrong (sort of).  Turns out he is initiating the Plot command via the context menu available from the drawing layout tabs (Please see attachment). Invoked from here, the ".PLOT" command does get called thus bypassing our custom dialog.

I checked the CUI and cannot find this menu.  Any ideas on how I could overwrite this to the regular PLOT command?  I just told the new user not to use this method but to use Plot from the Quick Launch, from the keyboard, from the pulldown menu, etc.  anywhere else but from the Layout context menu.

What's the need to call ".PLOT" from here?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
amr4alex
in reply to: MarkSanchezSPEC

Message 3 of 4

unfortunately all I can do is confirm that the right click context menus for the layout tabs are not in the CUI file, they are "hard-coded" within the application itself. And it has been that way for a while... I just checked a couple of older releases and, sure enough, that menu has been hard-coded since they built it into the system...

Hopefully they're listening and will expose that menu to the cui so we can have access to it, and, more, change the default value to issue "_Plot" instead of "_.Plot".for just your stated need.

In the meantime, perhaps a reactor to fire upon issuance of, or upon completion of, the plot command to perform your data saving function instead of redefining the command may serve your needs....

Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 4 of 4

That's what I figured. I just resorted to the "Do not do this" method; this worked as only 1 person was plotting this way.
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost