Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Logging

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
251 Views, 2 Replies

Plot Logging

I am trying to find a way to remotely tell the AutoCAD 2000i machines, on my network,
where to put their plot.log files. I searched the registry for "plot.log" and came up
with nothing. Perhaps the data is in an .ini file or something, but I can't seem to find
it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chuck Gabriel
Coggin Carrara, Inc.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LouCancilla
in reply to: Anonymous

Chuck,

You can tell AutoCAD through the "-PLOTSTAMP" command.
I use a common network ACADDOC.lsp file for a single point of administration and setup a constant drawing environment. I load the attached code setting the plot stamp parameters. I log the plots to a network hidden share and folder based on the windows logon name. However I do not use the AutoCAD plot stamp anymore. I have setup RTEXT on our default borders instead. See if this helps.

Lou Cancilla
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Lou,

Thanks for the tip.

I actually responded to your post a couple of days ago, but, due to a news reader
configuration problem, my reply got sent to the wrong new server (one of the pitfalls of
using several news services I suppose).

I tried your solution, and it works great with one caveat. For some reason, the read-only
attribute of my inches.pss file keeps turning itself on. I got around this by using the
dos_attrib function from DosLib. By the way, I also use RTEXT for my plot stamps.

Chuck

"LouCancilla" wrote in message
news:f07f58e.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Chuck,
> You can tell AutoCAD through the "-PLOTSTAMP" command.
> I use a common network ACADDOC.lsp file for a single point of administration and setup a
constant drawing environment. I load the attached code setting the plot stamp parameters.
I log the plots to a network hidden share and folder based on the windows logon name.
However I do not use the AutoCAD plot stamp anymore. I have setup RTEXT on our default
borders instead. See if this helps.
>
> Lou Cancilla
>
>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost