Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAP resetting when using Tool Palette?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
532 Views, 2 Replies

OSNAP resetting when using Tool Palette?

Has anyone ran into issues with OSNAP resetting in AutoCAD? Trying to assist a user with this issue.

"Everytime I open a new dwg my Object Snap settings revert back to the default settings. Sometimes even while working in the same dwg for a while it will change back. This is VERY irritating! Yes, I have opened Drafting Settings, checked the boxes I want, then hit OK, but it NEVER stays! All of the other drafters have the same issue. Is this a bug? Please help."

I tested this out myself and at least in our setup, it does reset each time you grab a new symbol off the tool palette. I thought it might be embedded in the block itself after trying in this order:

1. Set OSNAP how you want it (i.e. Endpoint only)
2. Pick a symbol off the tool palette
3. Check OSNAP settings again (OSNAP has changed settings)
4. Place the block/symbol
5. Settings go back to normal

If you look at the OSNAP settings before you choose a symbol (settings are how you want it) then select a symbol off the palette and bring up the OSNAP settings again before you place it, the settings have been reset. Then once you place the block it goes back to normal user settings.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Post the code that "drives" the Tool Pallette item.  It's clearly changing it in there, and not changing it back.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
diagodose2009
in reply to: Anonymous

Set variabile OSMODE:  ans use reactorVISUAL LISP

2    MIDpoint
4    CENter
8    NODe
16    QUAdrant
32    INTersection
64    INSertion
128    PERpendicular
256    TANgent
512    NEArest
1024    QUIck
2048    APParent Intersection

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost