Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

snielson
Message 11 of 15 (143 Views)

Re: No horizontal scroll bar

05-07-2014 10:01 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

The horizontal scroll is not something I usually use either.  But there I was in a meeting with my laptop and no mouse needing the nudge the drawing to the side and could not easilly do it. z e, then z w.   

Contributor
durentech
Message 12 of 15 (126 Views)

05-10-2014 09:24 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

You have to know that everyone doesn't work the same way. I noticed the missing horizontal scroll bar right away when I did the Move or Copy right click command on the layout tab...to create the next sheet in a set of drawings. In 2014 and before I could click from Paper space to Model Space and scroll to the right to get the new sheet drawing in model space into the viewport. I see no way to work that way now which REALLY sucks because I create new tabs this way all the time.

Active Contributor
blessard_TMG
Message 13 of 15 (57 Views)

07-01-2014 12:03 PM in reply to: arshadmirza786

It is very strange that the horizontal scroll bar suddenly 'dissapeard' between v2014 and v2015 (vertical scroll remains?!?). But I guess it was deleted on purpose:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-pid/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Aut... **Was this Article Helpful?**NO!**

It does makes it a little harder to use on a laptop. Also, I noticed it when I tried to set up a new viewport and tried to pan in it horizontally only. I used the "suggestion' and managed to 'double-click' the middle mouse button which zoom-extents, I hit an undo and tried it again, manged that time to scroll while I was panning and it changed the scale. On last time, I  used the pan command (not the middle mouse button because apparently I have a twitchy middle finger :smileyhappy: ) and it worked but then I had to use MVSETUP to realign the viewport to it's neighbor because the pan command is inaccurate in all directions.

I thought by upgrading you were supposed to become more efficient...this process took me 15min when it used to take me 30sec. If there was some 'greater good' for the removal of the scroll bar I would understand and adapt, but this just seems like a programing FAIL.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 14 of 15 (54 Views)

07-01-2014 12:09 PM in reply to: blessard_TMG
With all due respect to the knowledge network team, that is a terrible 'article/solution'. Putting aside the debate over the presence or lack of a horizontal scroll bar for a minute.... what the article should say is:

(1) Use the -Pan command with Ortho
-or-
(2) Use the middle mouse button along with the Shift key.

Both of these constrain the movement as desired.
chris.downing
Message 15 of 15 (36 Views)

07-03-2014 07:20 AM in reply to: arshadmirza786

Press and hold your scroll wheel then hold down the shift key. 

Whilst holding you can scroll either horizontally or vertically without the bars.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Kind Regards

Chris Downing

Applications Engineer

Man and Machine UK

Kind Regards
Chris Downing

Man and Machine

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community