Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, no LISP experience

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sbrennan85
421 Views, 4 Replies

Need help, no LISP experience

Ok so I'm working on incorporating a bunch of blocks into a custom ribbon for my company.  We have the blocks, and I have them working perfect using macros.

However, this morning I came across how to rotate the block and attributes/text, but keep the text in a proper left-to-right reading direction. I was able to get a block working with this, but now I want to be able to mimic my current macro, but use the dynamic block rotation parameter rather than the traditional autocad rotate upon insertion. 

Has anyone done this before and can provide me with input, or better yet have the LSP file I can just use? hehe.

Thanks.

Oh, attached is a file with the block in it. In the long run, I have multiple blocks that I would like to work exactly the same as what I'm trying here.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: sbrennan85

[ I don't have a new-enough version to have dynamic Blocks, so I can't help you on this one.  But for future reference, to increase the chances of catching the attention of someone who can help with any given question, see:

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

As it is, your Subject line could apply to a respectable percentage of all threads on this forum.  You'll be better off with Subject lines that convey something meaningful about the issue at hand. ]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
dbroad

If you are working with blocks, especially if you are working with dynamic blocks, you should be using palettes instead of the ribbon.  Individual palettes can be grouped and maintained easily.  The dynamic block properties can be managed at the tool without programming.

The ribbon is better for command tools.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 5
sbrennan85
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks.  I'll look into the tool palette solution.  What was really appealing to me and others in the company is the ability to select a command from the ribbon, have it insert a block, bypass scale or rotation or attributes, (depending on the purpose of the block), and once it's all done, the macro would automatically repeat the process with the same block. 

We're an electrical construction company with a fairly large customer base, and while we don't always engineer large jobs, we do some jobs for our customers that we engineer and document all the way through. Blocks/symbols like receptacles and lighting fixtures that are repetatively inserted work better in the macro of a command via the ribbon, but I haven't fully explored palettes.

Message 5 of 5
scot-65

@sbrennan85 wrote:

What was really appealing to me and others in the company is the ability to select a command from the ribbon, have it insert a block, bypass scale or rotation or attributes, (depending on the purpose of the block), and once it's all done, the macro would automatically repeat the process with the same block. 

Sounds like you need a Screen Menu to get the job done!

Forget the drag-and-drop pallets - no 2 stations will have the same blocks / block order,

unless you company does not observe "everyone to be on the same page".

A Screen Menu can be paged - allowing an infinite number of "buttons" to appear in the same area.

In the Screen Menu macro, not only can you insert the block, but you can add text as well.

A Screen Menu is one less click than a Pull-down (MENUBAR).

Here's an example for inserting a duplex with corresponding GFI text (* that repeats):

*^C^C-insert;v_110;nea;\;;\text;c;@;0.0;GFI;orthomode;0;move;l;;@;none;\

08elec00.gif

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost