Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multileader' Attribute Layer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
EKey
816 Views, 5 Replies

Multileader' Attribute Layer

I created a block with attributes on various layers to make it possible to turn them on/off by need. The I created a multileader style and set this block as a content. When I create a multileader all attributes appear on the same layer as the multileader itself (text entities in the block keep their layer). Is it possible to manage attribute's layer in multileader?

Please see the attached file.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Lee_Mac
in reply to: EKey

I don't think this is possible as the attribute references held by the block references contained in MLeaders are controlled using the corresponding attribute definitions (ATTDEF entities, appearing as the last set of DXF 330 groups of the MLeader), and as far as I know, there is no access to the attribute references (as separate entities) since this data is combined with the MLeader DXF data.

Message 3 of 6
EKey
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Lee,

Thank you for the quick response.

Any ideas how to make things working?

Message 4 of 6
Lee_Mac
in reply to: EKey

Sorry, I don't know any way around this limitation.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Could you Burst or Explode your block, modify to the correct layers, and then GROUP or WBlock it all back together?

Not sure if that'd do it for you but it may be a workaround.

Message 6 of 6
EKey
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think the group or a static block would be good. The whole idea is to make elements easy adjustable. That's why the MLeader is used. I can use an old style leader, but it requires a programing block insertion point management, what makes it less convenient than mleader, but better than static groups and blocks.

Thank you again for the idea. Any more? Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost