Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Automatic SHX Substitution

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GTVic
596 Views, 6 Replies

Modify Automatic SHX Substitution

One of our users has substituted an invalid shape file for a font file which generates a lot of errors when opening the drawings. Even with a fresh unaltered copy of the drawings it is making the substitution.

I have checked the acad.fmp files but cannot find where this setting is stored?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pbejse
in reply to: GTVic

@GTVic wrote:

One of our users has substituted an invalid shape file for a font file which generates a lot of errors when opening the drawings. Even with a fresh unaltered copy of the drawings it is making the substitution.

I have checked the acad.fmp files but cannot find where this setting is stored?

Thanks.

Not sure ......

Include this on your startup suite / acaddoc.lsp

(foreach st '("Style1" "Style2" "Style3");<--- styles to change
  (if (setq found (tblobjname "Style" st))
    (progn
      (setq found (vlax-ename->vla-object found))
      (vla-GetFont
	found 'typeface	'bold 'italic 'charset 'pitchandfamily
       ) ;_ end of vla-GetFont
      (vla-setFont
	found "Romans" bold italic charset pitchandfamily
       ) ;_ end of vla-setFont
    ) ;_ end of progn
  ) ;_ end of if
) ;_ end of foreach

HTH

Message 3 of 7
GTVic

This seems to have resolved itself before I could try anything. Not sure why. Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 4 of 7
rkmcswain

Note that once this occurs, it will occur for all (future) drawings in that same session of AutoCAD.

When testing drawings in this situation, always shut down AutoCAD each time.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 7
GTVic
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I did restart AutoCAD and I did unzip a fresh copy of all the drawings from the eTransmit. Before I could diagnose the problem further I received the missing SHX file. So that may be what stopped the invalid substitution.

Message 6 of 7
pbejse

@GTVic wrote:

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I did restart AutoCAD and I did unzip a fresh copy of all the drawings from the eTransmit. Before I could diagnose the problem further I received the missing SHX file. So that may be what stopped the invalid substitution.

That explains it  Smiley Happy

Anyhoo... 

If there are “not found” Fonts and Shapes, AutoCAD will use the substitute font.  Alternatively, you may want to use a font mapping table to specify which font AutoCAD substitutes when it encounters a text object created with another font. Windows True Type Fonts are independent of AutoCAD resource folders; they belong to the operating system. -  Helen’s CAD Secrets

Message 7 of 7
GTVic
in reply to: pbejse

Yes, for future reference I would like to know if there are other locations, other than acad.fmp, where a font substitution is stored? You may need to reset it because you chose the wrong SHX for example. 

Is there a spot in the registry?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost