Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Ribbon Combo Box - Workspace"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clindner
486 Views, 2 Replies

Missing "Ribbon Combo Box - Workspace"

I am unable to find the "Ribbon Combo Box - Workspace" to our 2013 MEP or ACA CUI. It is visible in vanilla AutoCAD 2013, but it isn't listed in the Command List (under Ribbon Control Elements). I am unable to transfer it from AutoCAD's cuix either. We typically have this control in our Quick Access Toolbar, but I am unable to create this same environment in the 2013 verticals.

I am unable to see it even using one of the default profiles, like "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)".

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Chris Lindner
CAD Technology Consultant @ onebuttoncad.com
AUGI Board of Directors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: clindner

I believe they removed it.  The workspace controls are now on the status line where they belong.  You can add a workspace command to the quick access toolbar but not the combo.

I believe this was a design change but if you consider it a bug, then report it.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
bgingerich
in reply to: dbroad

If you really liked the combo, there is a workaround to mimic the functionality.  Make a new command for each one of your workspaces to switch that particular workspace.  The macro for the command should be like this:

^C^Cworkspace;setcurrent;<yourworkspacenamehere>;

4 workspaces = 4 commands.  Then right-click on your quick access toolbar and add a dropdown.  Add all of your newly created workspace commands to the dropdown.  Underneath those commands add a separator and the "Save Current As...", "Workspace Settings", and "Customize" commands.  HTH

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost