4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mark_Richards
378 Views, 4 Replies

Looping in keyboard macros

Hi,

I have created the following keyboard macro:

^C^C_.MOCORO \\ \C \X R \

It launches move-copy-rotate, allows me to pick 2 items (in my case a electrical symbol and its associated tag), copies the entities to the desired location then rotates.  It works perfect, however after the rotate I need to repeat the process indefinately starting before the "C".

I know that I can usu an asterisk at the beginning to loop the entire macro, however I dont want to re-select, just continue on with the MCR function using the already selected entities.  Any GOTO function in macros?

I suspect that I might need LISP for this but I not familiar with writng that code.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Mark_Richards

@Mark_Richards wrote:

I have created the following keyboard macro:

^C^C_.MOCORO \\ \C \X R \

....  It works perfect, however after the rotate I need to repeat the process indefinately starting before the "C".

I know that I can usu an asterisk ..., however I dont want to re-select, just continue on with the MCR function using the already selected entities.  ... 

I suspect that I might need LISP for this....

One simple thing you can do without Lisp is to just build in a whole bunch of what you need to do.  In many instances you'll do as many as you need and hit Escape to stop before it gets to its end, while once in a while it will run out on you and you'll need to start the Macro again and re-select.  You can build in a lot more than shown here, if you need more.

^C^C_.MOCORO \\ \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \C \X R \

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
Mark_Richards
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks Kent,

That will probably OK.

Message 4 of 5
Moshe-A
in reply to: Mark_Richards

Mark

if you prefix your macro with an asterik '*' it will run in a loop (esc to stop)

*^C^C_.MOCORO \\ \C \X R \

cheers,

Moshe

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Moshe-A

@Moshe-A wrote:

if you prefix your macro with an asterik '*' it will run in a loop (esc to stop)

[See the original post, in which it is explained why they don't want to do it that way.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost