Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a menu wipes out workspaces, how do I keep both old and new?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hypersonic
325 Views, 8 Replies

Loading a menu wipes out workspaces, how do I keep both old and new?

I have some legacy menus that are quite large.  I have tried to create a new workspace, and that seemed to work o.k.,

UNTIL I used menuload to try to load the old menu.  At the point all the defualt workspaces were wiped out somehow.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I would like to have access to both the default workspaces and then also by switching to a custom workspace, my legacy menus.

Obviously a simple menu load is not the solution.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

>> UNTIL I used menuload to try to load the old menu. 

>> At the point all the defualt workspaces were wiped out somehow.

If you used _MENULOAD to load an additional menufile as partial menu there should not get any workspaces lost. Workspaces are placed in the main-menu, and adding a partial menu will not override them,

What may be necessary is to reactivate the workspace.

What you describe, that workspaces are lost, look for me like you have used the _MENU command and not _MENULOAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Yes, my apologies, I did in fact use the menu command, not menuload.

I will try menuload.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
hypersonic
in reply to: hypersonic

O.K. I set up a new workspace, by going into the 3d modeling workspace and using the save as command and calling it a new name.  Then I used "menuload" and selected a legacy .mnu file.  It flickered a couple times, but the menu at the top of the screen remained the same.  i.e. nothing new.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Thanks for all the help!

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

>> It flickered a couple times, but the menu at the top of the screen remained the same.  i.e. nothing new

To add a partial menu to the list of already loaded ones does not change your workspace.

If you want to have elements of your newly loaded menu visible in the current workspace you must enable them. Enter therefor CUI, mark your current workspace, click on EDIT (right side top) and now you can select on the left side (also in your new loaded menu) what you want to see.

BTW: if you load a MNU-file, you have no ribbons in it, you know that?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 9

yes, I am o.k. with not having the ribbons.  This is partly why I want the default workspaces and my old "legacy" menu, so that I can switch back and forth while I get used to the new stuff, but still have all my customized stuff readily available.

I will try doing the enable process that you mention.  Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 9
hypersonic
in reply to: hypersonic

I went into the workspace customize area, and as shown in the attached screen shot selected the Bob Custum 2013 V1

listed in the upper left corner.

in the upper right corner I then selected the menus option and it appears to show the 3d modeling menu items, and then at the bottom of the list it does show "Parametric" and "Surface" which are two of my menu pop items, like about POP10 and POP11 or something like that.  I guess I don't understand how to get it to incorporate my stuff. ugh.

Am I getting any closer?

Thank you Alfred!

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

you are on the best way. Now open on the left side ==> "partial customization files" ==> search your menu-file ==> open then "toolbars" or "menus" and set a check-mark for every item you want to get activated in your current workspace.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 9

thank you Alfred for walking me through this.

I think I sort of have it working with the exception of the following does not seem to work properly as a "swap" menu...

[--] [* EDM / Proto Trac *  >]$P10=EDM $P10=* **EDM [* EDM / Proto Trac *     |]

Would anyone know how to make menus swap out in 2013?

I did something slightly different that seems to have worked, I outlined the process in the attached file if anyone would like to see it.

thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost