Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp for setting System Variables

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DonSchaefer1024
2804 Views, 3 Replies

Lisp for setting System Variables

Can anyone help me with a simple lisp file?

I want to set "hideprecision" to 1. This variable can not be saved - I looked it up in Express Tools.

So I thought a lisp file to load at start up would do the trick.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@DonSchaefer1024 wrote:

I want to set "hideprecision" to 1. This variable can not be saved - I looked it up in Express Tools.

So I thought a lisp file to load at start up would do the trick.

If you have an ACADDOC.LSP file, add this line [the typical way of setting System Variables]:

(setvar 'hideprecision 1)

If you don't, you can make a file with that name that contains that line [even if nothing else], and put it in some location in your Support File Search Paths list in Options.  Or you can put it in a different .lsp file, type APPLOAD and put that file in the Startup Suite there -- such things load when you start AutoCAD, not when you open each drawing, but the Hideprecision setting seems to stick around between drawings, so that should work.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4

How would I format it to load as a seperate .lsp?

Message 4 of 4

@DonSchaefer1024 wrote:

How would I format it to load as a seperate .lsp?

If you don't yet have a file called ACADDOC.LSP, I would recommend making one, containing that line of code.  That will load with every opening of a drawing, ensuring that even if someone switches that System Variable to the "wrong" value in one drawing, when they open another, it will be returned to your standard.

If you do have such a file, but for some reason don't want it to be in there, you can save that line into a file called WhateverYouWant.LSP, and be sure it's in a location in the Support File Search Path list.  Then you can stick it in the Startup Suite in APPLOAD if you want, or you can load it manually in APPLOAD, or you can put a LISP (load) function into something like ACADDOC.LSP with a line like:

(load "WhateverYouWant")

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost