Lisp file to give texts a background,

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
JamaL9722060
861 Views, 14 Replies

It would be great if there is a lisp file that”

1. manages to give all the texts (dimension text, leader text, attributes, regular text, text in blocks, fields, etc.) a WHITE background. This is quite essential since the text should not be overlapped with other objects and must be read easily on the plan

Clip_318.jpg

1. sends all text (dimension text, leader text, attributes, regular text, text in blocks, fields, etc.) to front

Clip_319.jpg

thank you

best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Hammerling
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Why not use the bring text to the front and then use the TEXTMASK command?

Gerald....

Message 3 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: Hammerling

Thanks Gerald,

My intent here is to give proiority for texts wherever they are:

1. Attributes
  2. Fileds
  3. In blocks
  4. Single text
  5. Multiline text
  6. Diemsnion text
  7. Leader text

What is hoped is

1. To give them white background
  2. To bring them to front

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 15
pendean

With all these wipeouts everywhere under every text/att element in the file, will your recipients see any lines below for the construction? I think you are asking for something that will create more issues since it may encourage you to not focus on each location for easier fixes (like moving them out etc.).

BTW, you'll have to redefine all your blocks and place wipeouts behind the attributes fo you have them ALL the time, as opposed to mixing and matching haves-have notes in your drawings and symbols libraries.

Same with your dimstyles, mleaderstyles and mtext objects: define them as you want in your templates so you don't mix up various attributes in many files of a single project. That leads to many more mistakes down the road (unless your entire project is housed in one single DWG file of course).

Message 5 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Sadallah,

Since the AutoCAD is not able to manage labels conflicts between labels themselves or with other objects as the ArcGIS) does (knowing that ArcGIS is a different platform), for example.

Clip_351.jpg

Then I would prefer to give priorities to texts everywhere on the drawing because this is what is supposed to be read by the user. Conflicts between labels and objects/other labels will produce very confusing maps with multiple overlaps and thus several of these texts will be hard to be read and thus no use of the drawing information.

Clip_353.jpg

Clip_352.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 15
mkweaver

You might consider adding tranparecy to your mask. I've been using 30% which seems to produce a decent compromise between not being able to read the text And not being able to see the underlying linework.
Message 7 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: mkweaver

Thanks mkweaver. That could work in particular cases

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 8 of 15
hmsilva

Jamal,
for the above example, dimensions, you do not need a lisp, on the Dimension Style Editor, on the Text tab, select Background for Fill Color...

Dimension_Mask.PNG

hope that helps
Henrique

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: hmsilva

Many thanks Henrique for the answer,

That’s for sure! The dimension has the option! How about multiline text style? Leader style?

What I meant is to have an automated lisp that brings all the text above regardless where they are (text in dimensions, text in leaders, text is fields, etc.)

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 10 of 15
pbejse

Have a look-see ->>>>  enclose text and insert wipeout all together then we will pick from there.

Message 11 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pbejse

Many thanks pbejse,

What I wanted is to have a lisp that can recognizes whatever text in the drawing and give it that property (white background + bring to front)!

Text can be in:

1. Single text
  2. Multiline text
  3. Fields
  4. Attributes
  5. Dimensions
  6. Leaders
  7. Text in blocks

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 12 of 15
pbejse

As far as i can tell , Your question was asked and answered. The thing is, you need to put it all together.

Message 13 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pbejse

Many thanks pbejse,

What is offered is not integrated the manner I wanted it to work. This is why I needed a help considering the that fact that I’m not a developer and couldn’t play with codes.

Very much appreciated

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
Message 14 of 15
jggerth1

you know Jamal, not everyone uses a white background -- so 'white' really doesn't work as a generic approach.  Frankly, white is IMHO a poot choice -- to much noise hiding the signal.  You're welcome to it, but....

Message 15 of 15
JamaL9722060
in reply to: jggerth1

Thank you JGerth

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost