Did you mean: 

Lisp Routing - "Swing Ties"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1793 Views, 2 Replies

Lisp Routing - "Swing Ties"

Hello everyone,

This is a question/request to see if anyone has a lisp routine "out there" for drawing "swing ties" for utility projects. For those that do not know, swing ties are 2 dimensions off existing locations (e.g. 2 corners of an existing house) and these dimensions locate an existing utility, possible underground (e.g. water shut off valve for house). Right now to draw these swing ties our company draws and arc from each building corner to the shut off valve. Then Dtext is used, using midpoint, and text is rotated to be aligned with arc (note, text sized is based on being .08 in height depending on scale of drawing; 30 scale = 2.4, 50 scale is 4.0). We then use the text to trim the arc so it does not cross through text. I am hoping there is a routine out there which would allow selecting the beginning arc point, end arc point then where the text would be located, aligned with the arc. It would also be great if there was an option of having or not having arrow heads on beginning/ending of arc. In a perfect world the arc line color would be "bylayer" while the text color could have a pre-set color. Is there anything out there like this? Angular dimensioning doesn't seem to fulfill the office needs.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

...question/request to see if anyone has a lisp routine "out there" for drawing "swing ties" for utility projects. .... Right now to draw these swing ties our company draws and arc from each building corner.... Then Dtext is used, using midpoint, and text is rotated to be aligned with arc.... We then use the text to trim the arc so it does not cross through text. .... It would also be great if there was an option of having or not having arrow heads on beginning/ending of arc. ....

That sounds achievable [but I don't have anything that does it already, so anybody else jump in with that...].

I assume the Text content is the radius of the arc [correct me if I'm wrong].

How are the arcs positioned relative to the feature being located?  Do they cross at it?  Do they not quite touch it or each other, with something like a dimension's extension-line offset?  A sample image would be helpful, including what they would look like both with and without arrowheads.

You say angular dimensions don't do what you want, but would radius dimensions?  I know they don't lay out like what you describe, but they're completely out-of-the-box, which may be a good argument for using them.

For the possibility of arrowheads, and for the text alignment and interruption of the arc as I am imagining it, angular Dimensions would be a good approach.  They would need to be tailored to use the distance between the building corner and the feature as override text, and suppress extension lines and possibly one or both arrowheads, and it might require drawing a couple of temporary Lines to draw the Dimension between.  But again, it will be clearer whether that is workable after seeing an image.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
scot-65
in reply to: Anonymous

I have something we use to "trace over" a site plan -or- establishing corners

of the foundation from a set reference point where buildings are on acreage.

Believe it or not, I have witnessed your exact situation first hand many, many years ago.

Have a look:

50c0d0c0.gif

Do you know LISP enough to tailor a routine to your liking?

Send me a private message???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost