Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp Request: Pline Beams

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TC-ESHse
462 Views, 1 Reply

Lisp Request: Pline Beams

I've searched for this type of lisp, but haven't been able to find it. Hoping someone here may have it already.

First Lisp goes like this:
1.) Command is "Beam1"
2.) First pick is mid point of a line (post)
3.) Second pick mid point of a line (post)
4.) Polyline is drawn with given width and each end REDUCES by a given distance (3" in this case)
5.) Mtext is placed above the centerline of the beam with Mid-Center justification

Second Lisp:
1.) Command is "Beam2"
2.) First pick is mid point of a line (wall)
3.) Second pick mid point of a line (wall)
4.) Polyline is drawn with given width and each end EXTENDS by a given distance (3" in this case)
5.) Mtext is placed above the centerline of the beam with Mid-Center justification

The text is not that critical. Is this doable or does anyone have a routine to share?

Thanks - I really appreciate any help you pros can give.

-Tom

PLINE_LISP_REQUEST.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: TC-ESHse

I can use something like that, so I worked something out.  It's slightly different than your description:

It is one command, with four [not just two] options to go between Wall and Wall [the initial default], Wall and Post, Post and Wall, or Post and Post -- the User enters the kind they want with two letters [PP/PW/WP/WW].

It uses Centered rather than Middle-Centered Text justification, but is easily adjusted if that matters.

Search the file for five semicolons in a row ;;;;; which will tell you where to change the values for your particular preferences.  I happen to like having the end of a beam going into a wall to penetrate a little farther than the amount it falls short approaching a post, but those don't have to be different values.

[This is actually slightly different from the version I will use, because I just use a Line with color-based thickness, and a non-continuous linetype.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost