Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking data between Excel and AutoCAD Mechanical using C#

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Bradley_E_Thomas
438 Views, 0 Replies

Linking data between Excel and AutoCAD Mechanical using C#

I am tasked to create a program that our AutoCAD Mechanical designers can utilize easily, akin to AutoLISP. The program is related to our BOM initially and will incorporate placing AutoCAD dynamic blocks at a later date. Most of our designers are using AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. I also have Visual Studio 2012 and have installed the ObjectARX and SDK files.

Our BOM is not (and cannot be) a true table due to the use of CADPARSER. It is simply text (DTEXT, again, due to CADPARSER) and lines. Drawings are also in Model Space only.

Here is what I need the program to do:

1. Have a dialog box that allows the user to choose defined parameters;
  2. The defined parameters will then be exported to an Excel spreadsheet that has the same list (in drop down cells);
  3. The defined parameters will give a part number and description in separate cells (the excel spreadsheet has already been created). The part number and description will then be imported from the Excel spreadsheet back into the AutoCAD drawing at specified coordinates.

So, my questions are:

1. Is this doable?
  2. If so, please provide guidance (sample code) to accomplish the back and forth transferring of data (from AutoCAD to Excel to AutoCAD).
  3. I would like to install the program on the designers' computer so that they need only to use a single command to initiate (similar to AutoLISP and the APPLOAD Starup Suite).
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost