Did you mean: 

Link Xref Layer to Local Layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SteveGriffiths-HC
428 Views, 4 Replies

Link Xref Layer to Local Layer

Hi All,

Just wondering if it is possible to link an xref layer and local layer so they display the same (eg. sync viewport colour, linewieght, line type)?

I insert xref's for my base drawing but legend is on local layers and I would like to be able to ensure that the line colour and linetype always match...

Thanks in Advance

Steve 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: SteveGriffiths-HC

@steve.griffiths wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering if it is possible to link an xref layer and local layer so they display the same (eg. sync viewport colour, linewieght, line type)?

I insert xref's for my base drawing but legend is on local layers and I would like to be able to ensure that the line colour and linetype always match...

Thanks in Advance

Steve 🙂

Is that match XREF layers to Local?

Message 3 of 5

Doesn't really matter either match Xref to Local or match Local to Xref.

Would like them to remain synced though so if changes are made they affect the other (one way update is fine).

I'm not sure if this is even possible just thought I would throw the idea out there to see...

Thanks in Advance

Steve 🙂

Message 4 of 5
pbejse
in reply to: SteveGriffiths-HC

@steve.griffiths wrote:

Doesn't really matter either match Xref to Local or match Local to Xref.

Would like them to remain synced though so if changes are made they affect the other (one way update is fine).

I'm not sure if this is even possible just thought I would throw the idea out there to see...

Thanks in Advance

Steve 🙂

I dont think there's a migic button that will do that without user intervention. Your best bet is Layer Sates me thinks.

Message 5 of 5

You could put the legend in the xref'd file so that the layers really do match.  Park it out of the way and make it a model view that you can place on the sheet through Sheet Set Manager.

---------------------------------------------Signature--------------------------------------------
Civil Design Professional Since 1983 (Intergraph), AutoCAD since 1989

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i9-12900KF CPU 3.19GHz; 32 GB DDR4 4266 Dual Channel RAM
nVidia Quadro RTX 4000; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2023.2.1 Update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost