Did you mean: 

LSP routine stopped working after moving to 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
pokey_302
484 Views, 7 Replies

LSP routine stopped working after moving to 2014

Hello All,

I have multiple LSP routines we use on a daily basis.  When we moved to 2014, all of them stopped working and we receive an error similar to this: "; error: bad argument type: stringp nil".  I did add the directory to the trusted locations but that did not seem to help.

I did not write these nor do i have knowledge of writing them but everyone is asking me to fix the LSP files because i am the IT guy here at work.  I am at a complete loss here.  Would it be possible to take a look at the attached file and let me know what is wrong with it?  Perhaps i can make sense of the change made to correct the issue and apply it to the other files we have here.

This LSP allows you to multiply all numbers you select by a number you input.  Type MU to get started and follow the prompts.  When it asks you to select, just pick one or more numbers on the drawing, hit enter, and it will multiply them out.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BlackBox_
in reply to: pokey_302

While the code could use some streamlining, it works on my end in some very limited testing... Perhaps you can post a sample drawing which is experiencing the undesired behavior?

It would save us some time, from attempting to find exactly what string concantenation triggers any potential error.

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 8
pokey_302
in reply to: BlackBox_

If i open AutoCAD to a blank drawing.  Type "text" and enter any number 25.5 for example.  When i run MU and try to multiply it times 2, i received the error.

Command: TEXT
Current text style: "Standard" Text height: 0.2000 Annotative: No Justify: Left
Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]:
Specify height <0.2000>:
Specify rotation angle of text <0>:
Command: MU
_.undo Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer = Yes
Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back] <1>: _end
Command: _.undo Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer = Yes
Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back] <1>: _group
Command:
Enter value to multiply by. 2
How many decimal places [1]?
Select objects: 1 found
Select objects:
; error: bad argument type: stringp nil

Message 4 of 8
BlackBox_

Very strange, as I do not expereince the issue with the same test:

Command: text

Current text style:  "Standard"  Text height:  0.2000  Annotative:  No
Specify start point of text or [Justify/Style]:
Specify height <0.2000>:

Specify rotation angle of text <0>:

Command: mu
_.undo Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer = Yes
Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back] 
<1>: _end
Command:
Command: _.undo Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, 
Layer = Yes
<1>: _group
Command:
Command:
Enter value to multiply by. 2

How many decimal places [2]? 1

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

May get rounded-off if new decimal is less then existing decimal 
places!!_.undo Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer 
= Yes
<1>: _end
Command:
Command:

Message 5 of 8
pokey_302

Well that stinks!

This is basically a vanilla install of Autocad via network installer.  I did not edit any of the settings except for the license information so it points to the server's license manager.  Are there any special options i need to enable in Autocad?

Message 6 of 8
BlackBox_

If your original statement that AutoCAD Security is properly enabled, as demonstrated by your ability to execute the command, I'd have to conclude that it's something about your setup at the moment... More information is needed, which is why I requested a sample drawing.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Message 7 of 8
pokey_302

See attached.

As for the trusted locations, i just opened CONFIG, went to FILE, and added the UNC path to the folder my LSP files are located at under TRUSTED LOCATIONS. 

Is there anythying else that needs to be done to get around the Autocad trust issues?

Message 8 of 8
bhull1985

If I were you Id use a combination of windows explorer and (findfile "yourlispfile.lsp") to locate and transfer everything you had working previously into a new location to ensure that they are locatable and working..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please use code tags and credit where credit is due. Accept as solution, if solved. Let's keep it trim people!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost