Did you mean: 

LSIP to manage dynamic block counts

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
NJfire305
310 Views, 6 Replies

LSIP to manage dynamic block counts

To all the LISP gods out there....

I am looking for a solid LISP routine that can allow me to window select my entire drawing (or a group of blocks/dynamic blocks) and give me a report on a count of each specific block of type of block as well as extract the attributes from these blocks and give me an option to export to a spreadsheet. I am thinking of this as a way to grab a quick block "schedule".

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Lee_Mac
in reply to: NJfire305
Message 3 of 7
NJfire305
in reply to: Lee_Mac

Hmmm. They are not exactly what I am looking for. If it were possible to combine 2 of them into one I think it may be of some benefit. Specifically though, I am looking for a routine that can give me 3 things:

1: the ability to get an accurate count of specific blocks/dynamic blocks, allowing me to either single pick or window an entire drawing to make the selection.

2: The ability to give me a list of all of the attributes of the blocks/dynamic blocks.

3: the ability for the routine to write a table compiling all of my needs into a table format.

I have been able to find a routine that does one or the other but have not been able to find one that will give me all of those 3 items wrapped up in one nice routine.

Message 4 of 7
Jason.Piercey

What version of AutoCAD?  While this doesn't exactly fit all your requirements, have you tried the DataExtraction command?

Message 5 of 7
NJfire305
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

I am on Architecture 2014, however not all of our users are on this current of a version... Wait for it.... (*Shocked look*)

Message 6 of 7
NJfire305

So I played around a bit with DataExtraction. Nice command. It is basically what I am looking for (to a certain degree) but i dont like how it pulls data from every single block in your drawing. Is there a way to window a selection or individually pick your selection?

Message 7 of 7
Jason.Piercey

Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately.  I wish there was a way to specify wildcards for blocks names.  When I use DataExtraction, I always want the same range of names.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost