Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization

Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 1 of 6 (311 Views)

Keyboard shortcuts

311 Views, 5 Replies
06-03-2011 10:59 AM

All,

I have had keyboard shortcuts set for 2010 and earlier for osnap input such as SHIFT+S for insertion, SHIFT+E for endpoint, etc.  In 2011 I can use these once and then it just gives me the capital letter in the command line.  Any idears on what's gooing on?

Thanks,

Eric

Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 2 of 6 (286 Views)

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

06-03-2011 01:03 PM in reply to: esfransen

I just discovered this:  When I am not in a command and I press SHIFT+A for nea snap I get nea returned at the command line but while in the comand, I get sometimes, the first nea but not the next.

No comnad active gets this:

Command: nea Unknown command "NEA".  Press F1 for help.

Command: ins Unknown command "INS".  Press F1 for help.

Command: endp Unknown command "ENDP".  Press F1 for help.

Command: cen Unknown command "CEN".

In a command I get this:

Command: l LINE Specify first point:   Eendp (Pressing SHIFT+E for endp)
Invalid point.
Specify first point: Eendp
Invalid point.
Specify first point: Eendp
Invalid point.

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 3 of 6 (247 Views)

06-06-2011 04:13 AM in reply to: esfransen

Why don't you try switching from SHIFT + to CTRL + for shortcuts? They work better that way.

beaufordt
Message 4 of 6 (238 Views)

06-06-2011 09:22 AM in reply to: esfransen

SHIFT+E works fine with 2011 on my computer.  They need to remain set up as Temporary Override Keys.  SHIFT+E is the default for endpoint and SHIFT+C for center.  Object Snap Override : Insertion is listed, but you need to set the key combination to use it.  Try not to change key combinations already assigned to a function to keep standard one functional.  Just like ENDP, INT, INS, etc... Temporary Override Keys should only work when a command is expecting a point.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2013 Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Windows 7 Dell Xeon 3.2 Ghz 12GB Novell network
Active Contributor
esfransen
Message 5 of 6 (233 Views)

06-06-2011 09:52 AM in reply to: beaufordt

So it sounds llike I need to remove the keyboard short cuts that I had in place prior to migration.  Are the Temporary override keys on automatically or is the a system variable that I need to set?

Thanks,

beaufordt
Message 6 of 6 (227 Views)

06-06-2011 10:35 AM in reply to: esfransen

Check out: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2006/OSNAPOVERRIDE/td-p/1299607

By default they should be on.  To use endpoint while in the line command press and hold SHIFT+E while snaping.  Kinda nice to be able to use the same keyboard shortcut for different things in different situations.  There's only so many key combinations available.

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2013 Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Windows 7 Dell Xeon 3.2 Ghz 12GB Novell network

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community