Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue creating formula in block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rchiasson
248 Views, 1 Reply

Issue creating formula in block

I've been fighting with building a formula in a block utilizing a field from another block. I have a support steel member that once placed, will be lengthened. I need a distance from center of the pipe to the top of concrete. I created a block with a field referencing the insertion point (center of pipe) it works fine giving me this elevation. I also have another block that is the datum node. I have several fields in this block, and it is located at the bottom of the support steel plate. I am trying to create a field that takes the center of pipe elevation and subtracts the datum node elevation to get a distance. I created the formula referencing the COP elevation field and the elevation of the datum node. The information shows properly where I am building the formula, when I click evaluate, the Preview gives me ##### and when I create the datum node block that is also the output I get. I can't figure out why it won't give me the difference between the two elevation fields. I don't know what I can do differently to have that information in the datum node.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: rchiasson

You might consider creating a LISP routine that does the calculation and stores it to a variable. Have the field that displays the distance access the LISP variable.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost