Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a plugin like this?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AvoKuk
728 Views, 7 Replies

Is it possible to create a plugin like this?

Hi guys, I hope this goes to the right discussion group!

I have added a screenshot in the attachment illustrating my idea.

Would it be possible to create a (preferably semi-transparent) previously saved (preferably editable) list inside the autocad which would be tied to a user-defined button on the toolbar?

I know there is notepad, however it is a bit uncomfortable to use. What possibilities are there for creating something like that?

Regards,

Avo

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: AvoKuk

A list of....

Random pasted text?

Text from the current drawing?

A way to display/hide objects?

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 3 of 8
AvoKuk
in reply to: bgingerich

The idea was to create a checklist for checking the layout before printing, ideally make a tick behind something which you have checked.

It would be ideal if this text is editable and also saved, if you press the button, text opens. Nothing more.

My main question was about the appearance of this list, I am not sure, if it is possible to tie a custom design, or have something in autocad which would roughly have the same look.

Message 4 of 8
AvoKuk

If anyone has any opinions or recommendations, then your thoughts are more than welcome 🙂

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8
scot-65

@AvoKuk wrote:

If anyone has any opinions or recommendations, then your thoughts are more than welcome 🙂

Thanks!

What comes to mind as a suggestion is to create a DCL dialog with the check boxes.

To store/retrieve the information in the drawing, use VLAX-LDATA-PUT / VLAX-LDATA-GET.

These are called dictionary declarations. The list you will be storing is added to the file itself

and not be an external, separate file. The space you will occupy inside a DWG file will be

minimal (to the point where a single line definition will occupy more space).

If you need help in creating a simple dialog, more than one of us in this group will be able to help.

Here's a quick example from my library (it is a screen capture from a much larger dialog):

ChkBoxExample01.gif

There can be additional "bells-and-whistles" added to this program where the dictionary

items are cleared when a different DWG file name is detected to that which is stored...

scot-65

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 6 of 8
AvoKuk

This was very helpful. Thank you, I have to dig into this a bit 🙂

Message 7 of 8
scot-65

@AvoKuk wrote:

This was very helpful. Thank you, I have to dig into this a bit 🙂

Editing a custom list will be a little tricky, but not impossible.

I have not created such an exercise yet.

A second dialog box will be required to add and edit lines (list_box, edit_box, and a few buttons).

:row {key="Row101";

:toggle {key="Tog101";}

:text_part {key="Tex101";}

}

A 2-dimensional list will work - list of off/on's and list of text lines.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 8 of 8
AvoKuk
in reply to: scot-65

Great to see that there is a lot of in-depth competence in this forum 🙂

As I can see, it is possible to create smth. like I had envisioned. I just have to think now, how should I go about creating this.... Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost