Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD Classic workspace onto AutoCAD 2015 - acad.cuix file required

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
stephen.edwards.au
7201 Views, 7 Replies

Installing AutoCAD Classic workspace onto AutoCAD 2015 - acad.cuix file required

Hello all

Hopefully someone can help me with this one.

I would like to install the standard classic configuration onto AutoCAD 2015 however I do not possess the acad.cuix file from AutoCAD 2014, despite having the 2014 files on my PC.

Would it be possible for someone to send this to me?

Many thanks

Stephen

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I wouldn't recommend doing that (using an older data file with a newer version).  There's new commands added and old commands removed in the CUIx files, so its a good idea to work with the new files instead.  This is especially true with the changes to the light/dark setup in 2015.

You don't need to start with an OOTB "Classic" workspace to make one - you just need to set up a workspace with the toolbars and menus you want to see and the Ribbon palette turned off.  There are certain benefits from starting from scratch, such as only including the content *you* want and compiling new toolbars/panels/etc. that suit your own needs.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 8
rodb
in reply to: dgorsman

I tend to use my .mnu file from previous versions  and loading that to generate the other files and have been doing so since version 9. I dread the day I have to redo the whole thing through the cui editor. But you had better get help from more modern users.

Message 4 of 8
stephen.edwards.au
in reply to: rodb

I'm now adapting myself to use the new toolbar settings; guess that's what Autodesk are (very kindly) forcing people to do anyways...

With regards to setting up custom toolbars (which I have no clue how to do by the way) where exactly would I find the toolbar for 'List'? On previous versions this can be found within the 'Inquiry' toolbar, but is no longer there.

Also I've found a bug within the settings; the 'Right Click Customisation" doesn't seem to apply properly, in that every time I reload the drawing I need to reset these customisations over & over again.

Frankly I would've been happier downloading 2014 in lieu of 2015, but it's no longer available on the subscription!

Message 5 of 8
rodb
in reply to: stephen.edwards.au

If you go Tools Options Toolbars then click INQUIRY, List is the top icon on that toolbar that looks like a scroll of paper with writing on it. You can create toolbars in the customisation menu (you can type CUI (thats See You Eye) on the command line, but before we had that menu command I created toobars in the .mnu file like this.

//
//   Begin AutoCAD ToolBars
//

***TOOLBARS

**AQUALUCE_BUTTONS
**TB_AQUALUCE_BUTTONS
ID_Aqualuce_Buttons_0 [_Toolbar("Aqualuce Buttons", _Top, _Show, 1, 1, 1)]
ID__0          [_Button("Osnap All", "pam.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]'osnap end,mid,cen,int
ID__3          [_Button("Osnap Center", "ICON9961.bmp", "ICON9961.bmp")]'osnap cen  
ID__1          [_Button("Referance Two Points", "r2.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^P(if (not r2)(load "r2.fas")) (r2) ^P
ID__2          [_Button("Import Text File", "imptext.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^C^P(if (not c:asctext)(load"asctext")) asctext ^P
ID_DEFAT       [_Button("Define Attribute", "ICON6334.bmp", "ICON_24_ATTDEF")]^C^C_attdef
ID_AttGlobal   [_Button("Edit Attribute Globally", "ATTGLOBAL.bmp", "ATTGLOBAL.bmp")]^C^C-attedit
ID__4          [_Button("Paper Space Setup", "PaperSpace.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^Cmvsetup
ID__10         [_Button("Attribute to 0", "att0.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^C-attedit;;;;;\;A;0;;
ID__9          [_Button("Purge All", "attmove.bmp", "ICON_24_BLANK")]^C^C-purge all * N -purge all * N -purge all * N -purge all * N

Message 6 of 8
rodb
in reply to: stephen.edwards.au

If you use the command a lot you could modify the acad.pgp file. It looks like this

LI,                 *LIST
LINEWEIGHT, *LWEIGHT
LMAN,          *LAYERSTATE
LO,                *-LAYOUT
LS,                 *LIST

so if you type LI or LS you get the command List. Personally I would edit the file changing

LS,                 *LIST

to read

LL,                 *LIST

because its easier to hit L twice than LS.

I also add

K,        *Copy

and I change C to *Circle

if you type REINIT after editing the pgp file it will activate the changes immediately otherwise it will work on next start up.

Message 7 of 8

@stephen.edwards.au wrote:

Hello all

Hopefully someone can help me with this one.

I would like to install the standard classic configuration onto AutoCAD 2015 however I do not possess the acad.cuix file from AutoCAD 2014, despite having the 2014 files on my PC.

Would it be possible for someone to send this to me?

Many thanks

Stephen

Message 8 of 8
phanaem
in reply to: babu.98979717

Hi Babu

In a fresh new installed Autocad, you can set your Workspace to the old style as follow:

- Type RIBBONCLOSE

- Type MENUBAR and set it to 1

- Type -TOOLBAR ALL SHOW         (note the "-" in front of the command)

Arrange your toolbars and save the current Workspace.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost