Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Sheet List Tables

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stanovb
1055 Views, 6 Replies

Importing Sheet List Tables

Can you import a sheet list table from one drawing to another & have the sheet list table be linked with the new drawing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: stanovb

If you're talking about the sheet index table created via Sheet Set Manager, then it would probably be simpler and quicker just to use SSM to create a new one.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
sovby
in reply to: doni49

ok, thanks. i was hoping i didnt have to do that since i need to create about 10 different sheet sets for the same client. i i didnt want to have to recreate the sheet set index table 10 times.

Message 4 of 7
dbroad
in reply to: sovby

If you are using the SSM, once you create the sheet set for a job and add sheets for that job, then creating the sheet list is a single right click operation.  Perhaps it would help if you describe your process for creaingt he "sheet list".  How does each job for the same client differ and how is it similar?  Are you using a sheet set manager or are you just copying from job to job?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 5 of 7
sovby
in reply to: dbroad

Yeah, i can do that but i modified the length & width for all of the cells, plus i added some cells for the revisions, etc. I was hoping i could do it once, import it into the new titlesheet.dwg & sync it up with the new files that the sheet set will be linked to.The first one i created will be linked with "Project A.dst file. My second sheet set table will be linked with Project B.dst & so on. I suppose i could have the first titlesheet.dwg file open then saveas the new project & do it that way. I wasnt sure if i do that would the sheet set list table still be linked with the first one i created or does it automatically link up with the new set as long as  the sheet set is in the same directory as the new titlesheet drawing. i know it sounds confusing so i will explain it this way. We have a client that has 6 or 7 variations of project types. Each project can vary as to what drawings will be inluded in the sheet list. I created the first titlesheet with the first sheet list table using the sheet set manager, Now i want to duplicate the process for the rest of the project types.

Message 6 of 7
gccdaemon
in reply to: stanovb

First thing first. In order to insert a sheet list, the drawing needs to be part of that sheetset.

Secondly, you could create a seperate table style for the sheet list, but there are no settings for saving cell width.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 7 of 7
stanovb
in reply to: gccdaemon

Sorry, I dont explain myself very well sometimes. I am using the sheet set manager to create the sheet index. I right click on the title & choose insert sheet list table. I modify the width & height of the cells to match the current static lines that make of the rest of the titlesheet.  i may make the whole sheet autocad tables eventually but right now i'm just concentrating on the drawing index. I then added columns & cells for the revisions. Now i want to duplicate this for the other 6 or 7 project types that are for this same client. The drawings in the index may vary depending on the project type. I did not want to have to re-create this for the other project types. I was hoping i could do it once & then use that as a starting point for the 6 or 7 project types that i have & have the index update itself based on the drawings that are associated with the sheet set manager. I will have a seperate "dst" file for every project type.

Sheet Set Index.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost