Did you mean: 

How to Protect Compiled Lisp?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
caldicad
460 Views, 3 Replies

How to Protect Compiled Lisp?

Hi,

Would anyone know of a way that I can protect a compiled lisp please?

Up until recently I've been using FAS / VLX files but these can be decrypted - any help would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Steve.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: caldicad

For most cases, the amount of work you would need to put in to protect the program will be more than the actual program itself.  For the most part FAS and VLX is suitable - most reputable posters in CAD support forums won't crack protected files for others without good reason.  Those who desire to have said programs cracked generally don't know how, and those who know how can usually write it faster themselves.

If you wanted to get clever, you could binary encrypt the source files, then use a loader which decrypts those files to their LSP, FAS, or VLX equivalents as temporary files to be deleted after loading.  But no matter how you do it, there's a point where the unencrypted version can be "intercepted" for later decryption.  And you still have to deal with people sharing license or activation codes.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
stevor
in reply to: caldicad

What indication of decrypting did you see?

Although Autodesk probably reserved a means when the compliler  was made, there has been few exmples of anything more than extraction of Strings and such..

S
Message 4 of 4
caldicad
in reply to: stevor

I have read this was possible and have managed to do this myself with a certain piece of software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost