Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle ID's

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Redraiderr2009
1256 Views, 5 Replies

Handle ID's

Is there a way to give an object a new Handle ID number?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

copy it and remove the source-object.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

Yeah.... I meant more via programming. Well... hold on, maybe you are on to something. I will explore that idea a little more, it's a little roundabout, but that might work.  

I want use match properties for hatch patterns, but since our notes are linked to the handle ID numbers of that hatch, a different hatch means it needs a differnt label. I get the area and other data via xdata. Match prop keeps the same handle number but assigns it a different pattern name. I need it to destroy the handle ID and give it a new one. 

Message 4 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Redraiderr2009

No, you can't assign an arbitrary handle to an object.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: dgorsman

Hi,

>> No, you can't assign an arbitrary handle to an object.

Maybe not with LISP (I don't use LISP so my knowledge is very limited for that), but with dotNET or ARX you can. You can e.g. create a new line to get a new handle and then exchange the handle between any object and the handle of that line. Afterwards you can then delete the line.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thats not assigning a new handle, its creating a copy of the object which AutoCAD then assigns a unique handle ID during the creation process.  Its not the original object, even if it has the same properties.  For example, you can't create a new line (even a copy) with handle ID "456AB" even if it's currently unassigned.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost