Did you mean: 

From Excel to AutoCAD

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
imtaha
825 Views, 9 Replies

From Excel to AutoCAD

Hi Guys,

We usually have like data points in Excel that we need to draw a chart from in AutoCAD, what we do know is we do it in Excel then copy and paste it in AutoCAD. It would much more efficient and accurate if we a lisp that convert the points from Excel and convert it to a chart in AutoCAD automatically. That would really help us big time.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imtaha

Have you looked into the data link from the table command?  But it depends on the version of AutoCAD you have.

Message 3 of 10
imtaha

Will it make the chart as an AutoCAD object?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, no OLE object.

Message 5 of 10
imtaha
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, but on the image you sent I see only the Table. How can I get the chart?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

You have to go thru the command process of picking the excel file you want to bring in as a table.  I just provided the pic for you to see the data link portion of the tables command. 

Now I am wondering if we are on the same page.  You mention points as in x, y, and z but say charts.  You are talking about points or pie charts in Excel?  Just clarifying.

Message 7 of 10
imtaha
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm talking about points chart, and I tried the table command it does not give an option for a chart, how can I make the chart after I bring the x, y and z coordinates.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
imtaha

I think I wasn't clear on that. What I have is a long list (1000) of x, y and z points in Excel it represents a pipeline profile, I want to bring those points in AutoCAD and then draw poly line between the points so I can have the profile drawn in AutoCAD.

Thanks

Message 9 of 10
Patchy

Google for Lee Mac Programming, he has it in there.

Message 10 of 10
TerryDotson

Most likely you are seconds away from completely drawing the polyline.  Try inserting a new line at the top with the word 3DPOLY, then save the file as a TXT file, but use the extension .SCR.  You can then issue the AutoCAD SCRIPT command and it will draw the polyline.   Here is a link to a more elaborate procedure to create layers.

http://www.dotsoft.com/procedures.htm#ExcelScripting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost