Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraction shortcut help

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
852 Views, 0 Replies

Fraction shortcut help

Currently using Autocad 2014. Recently started with a new company. They use "~1" to get the fraction 1/16 on the screen in dtext or mtext. I previously worked at a company that used a different font file but we used "asterisk and number pad 1" to get 1/16. I can't change the font file at the current place. There are other programs that use the current method to get fractions. Was wondering if in lisp or other format if when I type in "the asterisk and number pad 1" in dtext or mtext that it would input into dtext or mtext the "~1" and in turn convert it to 1/16 using the current font file. This would be required for all the fractions of sixteenths correlated with "asterisk and the number of which sixteenth" I'm needing. I'm new to lisp and do not know much about it yet. I've seen other post similar to this but most of the time the answer was to change fonts. I just can't go that route. We do a lot of manual text changes in tables dealing with fractions and the current method causes you to go back and forth across keyboard. The asterisk method allows you to keep your hand to the right side of keyboard. Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost