Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F key customisation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rnorrish
405 Views, 4 Replies

F key customisation

Im using AutoCAD 09 for the first time and need to find out how to customise my snap commands to F keys. I've been using 2004 and it was really easy. 09 seems to not allow it??

for example i set F4 to end point and F5 to intersection point etc. it saves using O snap or a tab. just L, F4 and its done (for example)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: rnorrish

2004 did not use the CUI. We now have to think a little differently.
This is from 2007, it should behave the same way...

1) Open up the CUI.

2) Expand the Keyboard Shortcuts section in pane one to show the Shortcut Keys.

3) In the "Command List", pane 2, find the command, left-click-hold and drag into the first pane, and drop.

4) Highlight the command (Center here) in the first pane, and now look in the fourth pane: Access.
Touch the line and a "..." box will show at the very right.

5) Select the box and a new window will open.

6) Enter the desired key (you may have to turn Caps Lock off).

7) Close the CUI.

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 5
barry2104
in reply to: scot-65

^thanks for the accurate description above.

I often find myself having to change computers at work or between offices, and until now I've had to go through this 7-step process every time I've booted up on a new machine.

is there any way to convert the aforementioned 7-step process into a LISP, so that I can just boot up, type in the magical command (e.g. FKEYS) and have all of my F-Key shortcuts automatically assigned?

thanks in advance

Running AutoCAD Architecture 2020, in German
Tags (3)
Message 4 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: barry2104

barry2104 wrote:

is there any way to convert the aforementioned 7-step process into a LISP, so that I can just boot up, type in the magical command (e.g. FKEYS) and have all of my F-Key shortcuts automatically assigned?

thanks in advance

Open the CUI.

Select the transfer button, top part of window.

What you will do here is to transfer the key into a new instance CUI via drag and drop -

from left pane (exis.) to right pane (new CUI).

Any other sections you have added to can also be transferred at this time...

Save this new instance CUI.

What you now have is called an "Enterprise" or partial menu.

By using the command CUILOAD, you can attach this partial menu onto the main menu.

The other method is to reverse the transfer you did earlier - from partial to main.

Hope this helps.

scot-65

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: barry2104

Once the enterprise cui is created, one can load this using LISP.

(I had to figure this out this moring after discovering the kudos...)

If the enterprise cui is in a support path, just call out in string form, otherwise provide a hard path.

I would suggest protecting the call by using (if (findfile ...) for either case.

5268cuiload.gif

);if

Hope this helps.

scot-65

Scot-65

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost