Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Help for Commands - XAML

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
346 Views, 1 Reply

Extended Help for Commands - XAML

I am looking for some sort of documentation on the extended help for commands feature. I have commands attached to a pull-down menu that I want to display some sort of Tool Tip for. The only sort of explanation that I can display is the description line because the Tool Tip option does not appear in the PROPERTIES window of the CUI dialog. There is, however, an Extended Help File field for the command. Unfortunately, the feature depends on an XAML file to operate and the documentation on the file structure for this file is nearly non-existent and only contains one example for a ribbon tool tip. What about an example for a pull-down menu? Is there additional documentation that I'm missing or am I going to have to learn a whole new language to make use of this feature? Thanks in advance.

J Leavitt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
honkinberry
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm in the same boat, gotta learn XAML.

But it's just XHTML, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

But in figuring it out, I hear you -- I want simple tool help files, with little videos, a Click for More Info link, and so on.

Can the XAML be located remotely?  So many questions, and as you indicate, very few answers.

As for the menus, as those do not have Tooltips, it seems the extended help does not apply to them, even though the CUI interface will let you assign an Extended help topic to a command in a Menu.

--J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost